W7 Black Screen of death

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W7 Black Screen of death

So i just bought W7 home premium upgrade at Bestbuy thinking it would be clean and simple to get me running by the end of the night.

So i just thought I would do a clean install so i wiped out my hard drives, reinstalled vista 64 home edition and activated it. Then popped in W7 upgrade, it bangs out the installation and does it's final restart... all goes wrong after that.

I now just get a black screen and all i get to see is my mouse cursor and a black background. Restarted a few times in safe mode and nada. So i thought one more time and now I am returned to the installation screen that I just fewed a hr ago.

Has anyone run into this problem and know of any fixes???
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Re: W7 Black Screen of death

Try a clean install of the Win7 upgrade disc. You don't necessarily have to have Vista on there before hand. A link to the instructions is in this forum (I'm just too tired to look for them now).
    |TG|Melee
    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Re: W7 Black Screen of death

Do you have more than 1 monitor hooked up? If so, is the second one on HDMI?

If so, connect only one, if not try hitting F8 and select safe mode with networking. That should work. Which video card ? Nvidia ?

And I agree with clean install.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X