• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyshield vs. Squaretrade - Accidental Damage Protection/Warranties

So, i'm buying a new digital camera pretty soon-ish
    this one to be exact:

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-...d_bxgy_p_img_b

I'm just waiting for the price to drop back to 260$, it was there once, right now it's jumping between 290$ and 280$

But that's not the issue here, i want to buy an extended warranty for this, with accidental damage coverage, the camera is marketed as waterproof and shockproof, but i know these manufacturers too well, if something goes wrong with those though features they say it's my fault, so i want to secure myself with one of either coverage plans..

all i really need is one year of accidental damage coverage for my trip to mexico coming up in march, but i don't think either of both offers those..

So tell me out of your experience and what you've heard, which one is better?

Squaretrade or Buyshield?

Life's too short to live it fast.

Re: Buyshield vs. Squaretrade - Accidental Damage Protection/Warranties

Personally I would go with square trade. There Prices are lower and I have never had a Problem with them.

I accidentally dropped my PS3 and it would not start back up. Sent it into square trade gave me a full refund on what i purchased it for. 500.00 back in my pocket.

The only complaint I had with my claim was the $50 deductible but since they could not fix it they gave me an full refund on what it was worth.

I have never done business with buy shield. Never knew they existed.

Plus I think the Accidental Damage Protection lasts the length of your Warranty. Which is 3 years if you buy it new.
    And when he get to heaven,
    To Saint Peter he will tell;
    One more soldier reporting sir
    I've serve my time in hell

Comment

the thing is, i don't really want to buy the warranty for 3 years lol, i doubt i'll keep the camera that long..

Comment

Originally posted by creepin View Post
        the thing is, i don't really want to buy the warranty for 3 years lol, i doubt i'll keep the camera that long..
        Square trade warranties are also transferable to others. Thus adding to the value of your Camera if you sell it.

Transfer or cancel at any time. No excuses necessary. If you don't need your warranty any more, feel free to cancel or transfer at any time. If you cancel, we'll even give you your money back, pro-rated for the time you haven't used.

Ever heard of a store giving you a partial refund for a warranty you've already spent 6 months on? No, we didn't think so. But it makes sense, doesn't it?
        http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/lea...warranty-buyer

Just under the "Great Features" tab

Comment

ah, that's awesome, i didn't know that!!

aight, i think you convinced me :p

Comment

Originally posted by creepin View Post
            ah, that's awesome, i didn't know that!!

aight, i think you convinced me :p
            Have fun with your new Camera :)

Comment

hehe, i don't have it yet, i wanted to square everything away (pun not intended) before purchasing it...

Comment

Buy from a reputable retailer instead of throwing your money at these scams. Extended warranties are ripoffs.

If you have a CostCo wholesale store near you, I highly recommend buying from them. They'll take back malfunctioning items with almost no questions asked, and exchange them for the same item.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X