Lost sound 8(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost sound 8(

So I installed win7 yesterday, decided to get a better gfx card today (ATI radeon 4980 HD) got that going but than i noticed i had my volume turned off an now when i click on it it bring up an error an tries to troubleshoot the error but does'nt. i checked my device manager an the sound device shows up an try to update the driver but the driver is up to date. i know your gonna say i told ya so but i have onboard sound an aint got a cound card yet. Any ideas?
    "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
    "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
    Norman Schwarzkopf

Re: Lost sound 8(

Likely:

Check your BIOS and your settings to make sure sound is not being sent to your HDMI on your videocard.

Failing that, hit up realtek and isntall a real audio driver.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...own=false#High Definition Audio Codecs

Comment

Originally posted by ForGlory&Pain View Post
      Likely:

Check your BIOS and your settings to make sure sound is not being sent to your HDMI on your videocard.

Failing that, hit up realtek and isntall a real audio driver.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...own=false#High Definition Audio Codecs
      Could that happen with a new GFX install? Just installed ATI yesterday then all this happend. Where at in bios would i find this, I disabled on board audio in an attempt to troubleshoot a new sound card i purchased. Just really wierd I ran sound test an hre no sound, i run the mic test an on one it wont complete an says somthing like hardware not found an the test just no sound. Thanx Glory!!

Ok lets jump up an down an sing koom bi ya lol got it--phew 8) Classical music never sounded so good lol.
      Last edited by Call911; 01-02-2010, 06:43 PM.
      "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
      "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
      Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

I assume re-enabling your onboard fixed it. Let me know if your still having troubles, catch me on TS if that works too.

Comment

Originally posted by ForGlory&Pain View Post
          I assume re-enabling your onboard fixed it. Let me know if your still having troubles, catch me on TS if that works too.
          Yeah hav'nt reinstalled ts yet so not sure about the mic. I disabled the device i had thru dev man, then reinstalled drivers for the generic sc an my vol control came back as well as the mic in sound control under playback, an then i ran fefault music to test 8) So just reinstalling/patching/dl ArmA an ACE gonna take awhile. Also have to try new settings for this ATI card I got.
          Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X