IP/Network camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP/Network camera

My current baby monitor tends to interfere with my wifi. I don't remember the brand off-hand but we had found reviews (i.e. consumer reports) to state it was the best monitor to not interfere. Well we still have issues.

So I started to look at possibly getting a monitor that works over my home network. Wireless or wired I don't care since my house is wired throughout. What I don't know is what to get.

Do any parents out there use an IP monitor (audio or audio+video) in their house?

I looked on amazon and based on the reviews anyone worth getting is in the $250-$300 range. I don't really want to go spend that but if the monitor is worth it then I'll suck it up. One benefit of it having video is I can move the camera when little asch is playing and let my parents watch.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: IP/Network camera

The Panasonic ones are excellent, Trendnet, Dlink, and all the other cheap ones are exactly that. You really do get what you pay for.

Get a wired one if it's already plumbed, more reliable.

Newegg sells them also.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...x=0&y=0&Page=1

I use an LTC Analogue 4-camera w/Linux-based DVR. Mainly because it was the cheapest way to get 0 Lux with remote access (factoring the cost of the host computer needed to run a standalone system IP or otherwise).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X