No announcement yet.

PSU incompatible with Windows 7

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSU incompatible with Windows 7

A friend just put together a new system from parts and discovered he couldn't get it to boot. He currently believes it's due to the PSU and is awaiting arrival of a different model to try.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: PSU incompatible with Windows 7

That is pretty odd. Usually faulty PSU's cause problems with GPU cards, mainly from not enough power to the 12v rail(s), rather than with OS installation.

Funny thing is I've built Win7 systems with the Corair 620HX, 750TX and 850TX without any problems. Since there have been several, but not all, similar incidents with the 950TX, it must have a defective batch of parts somewhere in the esembly... Well, at least Corsair has a good warranty :row__593:.

I'll be building a Core i5 + Win7 system using the new Blue line of Corsair - the 650HX. It will be interesting to see if it has that problem.

|RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend

Re: PSU incompatible with Windows 7

Faulty PSU in and of itself isn't going to cause OS install issues. What's really happening is it's causing an issue with the processor/motherboard/ram that in turn is causing an issue with the OS install.
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed