No announcement yet.

View Item Price History Of Amazon, Best Buy And NewEgg [Google Chrome, Firefox]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View Item Price History Of Amazon, Best Buy And NewEgg [Google Chrome, Firefox]

Just read this article about an addon that lets you track prices really easily. I've been checking prices on TVs every other day, and or course still thinking about an Intel SSD with my newegg gift cards, so have been checking those prices at least once a day too.

This addon keeps track of the prices, and shows you the highs and lows over the past few months.

For instance here is the page I started for the Samsung UN46b8500
    http://camelcamelcamel.com/track/bf1...c1197faebcaafb

Easy to see that just over a month ago it was $ 2,939.00, and now down to $ 2,437.60. And it jumps around all the time. And where this will save a ton of time is the fact that to see the really low price that Amazon offers, you have to put it in your cart, log into Amazon, and click tons of times till you get to the last page before confirming the order. Takes forever.

Crazyis when you camel track that same TV on Bestbuy
    http://camelbuy.com/product/9396405?...=www&locale=US
    and see how much more expensive it always is. Currently $2,739.98, and that is pretty low for BB.

Anyway, should come in handy when you are looking for a new gfx. card or something on newegg as well.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: View Item Price History Of Amazon, Best Buy And NewEgg [Google Chrome, Firefox]

Slick! I'll have to try this out for the Harmony remote I'm interested in. It was $150 shortly before Christmas, then rose to ~$220 and is now back down to $180. Crazy...
    |TG|Melee
    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Re: View Item Price History Of Amazon, Best Buy And NewEgg [Google Chrome, Firefox]

Perfect timing... great find, thanks B!

Comment

Originally posted by Melee View Post
        Slick! I'll have to try this out for the Harmony remote I'm interested in. It was $150 shortly before Christmas, then rose to ~$220 and is now back down to $180. Crazy...
        Are you looking at the Harmony One? I spent a good 30 mins. yesterday reading up on that one and the 1100 model.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
          Just read this article about an addon that lets you track prices really easily.
          What article? Link?
          Twisted Firestarter
          a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
          sigpic

Comment

Article is here on ghacks.net:
            View Item Price History Of Amazon, Best Buy And NewEgg [Google Chrome, Firefox]

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

This w.ill be a great feature for me to help track pricing as I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to find the price sweet spot before I buy.
              Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by LpBronco View Post
                This w.ill be a great feature for me to help track pricing as I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to find the price sweet spot before I buy.
                Me too man.
                I usually have a folder full of links to all the places selling an item, so like for the Samsung TV I have a folder that has about 15 sites that sell it. With this, it will send you an email alert when it drops to a certain price, so I don't need to check back.

It will be frustrating though when you are about to buy something, and you check the price and see if you bought it last week you could have saved $200 or something. Ouch. :madsmile:

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Hmm interesting. Would be a good complement to the Invisible Hand add-on I use on Firefox which goes and auto-searches other websites for a lower price on a product you're currently looking at (or just Google searched).
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Are you looking at the Harmony One? I spent a good 30 mins. yesterday reading up on that one and the 1100 model.
                    Yes. It dropped down to ~$180 a few days ago and today it's back to $200+. Are they doing pricing like the stock market now? Maybe I should just make them an offer and see if they accept.
                    |TG|Melee
                    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

If you live near a Fry's, they have a really awesome in store special at some stores, but looks like not every store:
                      Logitech Harmony One $149 at Fry's Houston

I so wish I had one near me to call and check.
                      Don't we have someone here in the forums that works at Frys?

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Nice! Thank you Bamboo and Acreo both.

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
                        --BlackMirror
                        <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
                        Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
                        --Blackraven93

Comment

As Acreo said, grab InvisableHand as well. It's pretty awesome.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

As Acreo said, grab InvisableHand as well. It's pretty awesome.
                            Yep. It just told me this is the cheapest of five similar posts elsewhere :)

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
                            --BlackMirror
                            <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
                            Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
                            --Blackraven93

Comment

Originally posted by Cheburash View Post
                              Yep. It just told me this is the cheapest of five similar posts elsewhere :)
                              :row__642:

I'll say this here since I've had InvisibleHand for a few weeks now. It does not work on every site (though a Google search + InvisibleHand is a okay workaround). I find I wish it would work on the several ebookstores I now visit so I don't have to resort to several ebook search engines. Additionally, however it gathers the item name to search elsewhere, it's not perfect. I've had it tell me some computer hardware, for example, was cheaper elsewhere then when I went there the product was totally something else entirely.
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X