PC-->HDTV 48inch problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-->HDTV 48inch problem

Ok I have my PC (GTX 275) Hooked up to my HDTV through HDMI. I also have a second monitor running via regular VGA cord. Randomly my TV will just go black for like 4-8 seconds and then go normal. Its like when you change resolution it goes black to apply it, about the same time frame. I don't know if its a refresh thing or what. TV is a insignia 48". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: PC-->HDTV 48inch problem

Originally posted by Boondocksaint View Post
    Ok I have my PC (GTX 275) Hooked up to my HDTV through HDMI. I also have a second monitor running via regular VGA cord. Randomly my TV will just go black for like 4-8 seconds and then go normal. Its like when you change resolution it goes black to apply it, about the same time frame. I don't know if its a refresh thing or what. TV is a insignia 48". Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    How long has this done this for (always or has it just started happening?) and also have you tried using a VGA to VGA connection from your PC to your TV? (your TV might have a VGA port).

Have you noticed if anything sets it off or is it completly random?

Comment

It is completely random,AFAIK it has happened since I hooked it up, also I read that HDMI was the best to use, but I will try the VGA wire

Comment

boon i was having not the same issue but i used vga's and it seemed to work. now i have to use a dvi->hdmi for my tv now. hopefully when fermi comes out i can upgrade to straight hdmi. hope you fix it

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

This sounds like a weak digital signal... too far or it's picking up noise somewhere. Questions to think through: How long is your HDMI cable? Is it a cheap one? Are you running the cable close & parallel to any mains power cords? Are the connections solid?

Also could just be a sync issue between your video card and TV. Check that the native resolution and refresh rate on the TV match your settings.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X