New Router Recommendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Router Recommendations

I am currently looking for a new wireless router. This is what I am leaning towards:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/D-Link+-...&skuId=8040121

I would welcome other similar product suggestions.

AB
    "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
    "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Re: New Router Recommendations

This is what i use.

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=643

It works great. The display is nice when you want to check your connection. It also allows you to set up the wireless connection and and allow certain amounts of bandwith for those connections. So someone can use the internet on the laptop with out hindering your online game performance. It is a very nice system, it actually pulls bandwidth away from other users if you are playing online, that way you always have the most for gaming while not closing down the wireless. Plus the range is amazing!

It is kind of pricey but its worth every penny.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Not a bad option; but remember with Wireless 'N' unless your network card is also an 'N' series you really won't see much of a difference between routers.

Comment

Originally posted by DrakenViator View Post
        Not a bad option; but remember with Wireless 'N' unless your network card is also an 'N' series you really won't see much of a difference between routers.
        Also, if you have even one G device connecting to it, all the connected devices will get G speeds, unless it is a dual-band G/N router.
        Twisted Firestarter
        a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse