Firefox 3.6 released!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 3.6 released!!

Looks like Firefox 3.6 just went live. It still doesn't show up as an upgrade when you go to Check For Update, but they usually roll that out over time to keep the servers from crashing.

But here it is:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/upgrade.html

I do suggest if you are a hard core add-on user like me that you wait a day or two to give all the add-on makers time to update. Most of them should have by now since the new version has been in testing for a while now.

Here is a short vid of the new features:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Q9tuSaCYA[/media]

For those that aren't using Personas, you should be. My current theme is an awesome bamboo picture, and there are thousands more.

Notable Firefox 3.6 features include:

* Available in more than 70 languages - get your local version.
    * Support for a new type of theme called Personas, which allow users to change Firefox's appearance with a single click.
    * Protection from out-of-date plugins to keep users safer as they browse.
    * Open, native video can now be displayed full screen and supports poster frames.
    * Improved JavaScript performance, overall browser responsiveness, and startup time.
    * The ability for web developers to indicate that scripts should run asynchronously to speed up page load times.
    * Continued support for downloadable web fonts using the new WOFF font format.
    * Support for new CSS attributes such as gradients, background sizing, and pointer events.
    * Support for new DOM and HTML5 specifications including the Drag & Drop API and the File API, which allow for more interactive web pages.
    * Changes to how third-party software can integrate with Firefox in order to prevent crashes.

Developers can find out about all the changes and new features at the Mozilla Developer Center.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Firefox 3.6 released!!

woohoo!

POE2 Developer

Comment

I've been using 3.6b3 for a while now. All my addons work.
      Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Yay! Getting ready to download at the weekend.

Comment

1 addon didn't work for me but I just edited the rtf file and increased the -maxversion field.

POE2 Developer

Comment

Bamboo rules.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I'll wait until the automatic roll out. Personas was cool, but it didn't work with the vista see-through thing I have.

Comment

3.6 Installed. All addons working. Here's a list of what I run in case others with similar plugins are waiting.
                Ablock Plus
                Cooliris
                DownThemAll
                Download Statusbar
                FastestFox
                FireFTP
                FlashGot
                Greasemonkey
                Java Console
                Developer Scripts
                Skype Extension
                WebMail Notifier

Comment

Showing up for me in the auto update now. Crazy thing is at first it was saying it would take like 2 days to download, but slowly increased. Ended up taking about 30 sec.

It broke I think 4 add-ons, but only one that I use everyday called Autocopy.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Just a little extra HAHA

Government warnings against IE cause orgy of Firefox, Opera downloads

Hopefully everyone has been keeping up with the Google hacking by China.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

This just arrived in my email:

http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA10-021A.html

Microsoft has released updates for multiple vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer, including the vulnerability detailed in Microsoft Security Advisory 979352 and US-CERT Vulnerability Note VU#492515.

By convincing a user to view a specially crafted HTML document or Microsoft Office document, an attacker may be able to execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the user.
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                        Showing up for me in the auto update now. Crazy thing is at first it was saying it would take like 2 days to download, but slowly increased. Ended up taking about 30 sec.

It broke I think 4 add-ons, but only one that I use everyday called Autocopy.
                        http://www.pointofexistence.com/DP/a...0-fx+mz+tb.xpi

Fixed autocopy to work with firefox 3.6
                        Download, extract then open the xpi with Firefox (File/Open file etc. etc.)

POE2 Developer

Comment

Tweakguides.com just updated their Firefox tweakguide and it has tons of stuff to check out:

Firefox Tweak Guide

One interesting thing he suggests is to not upgrade your current install, but to start over from scratch, and has a very detailed section oh how to do it. I might need to do that, though it will take a lot of time to get it back to where I am currently. But, it might be worth it. I was writing a really awesome guide for TG last week all about Objectdock, and FF crashed on me when I was about 3/4 the way through. Lost 2 hours worth of typing.
                          Usually FF can bring it back after restart, but guess this was just too much for it, and I lost it all. Been so pissed about it I haven't started the rewrite yet. I really wish the forums had some kind of Draft feature.

My bar as it looks now, which is why a reinstall would take a while:

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I was writing a really awesome guide for TG last week all about Objectdock, and FF crashed on me when I was about 3/4 the way through. Lost 2 hours worth of typing.
                            Usually FF can bring it back after restart, but guess this was just too much for it, and I lost it all. Been so pissed about it I haven't started the rewrite yet. I really wish the forums had some kind of Draft feature.
                            Might I suggest the Lazarus add-on...

http://lazarus.interclue.com/
                            Ever had one of those “oh $*#@” moments when you've finally finished filling out a long form, and hit submit only to see an error message? And when you hit the back button, the form was blank... If so, you know you need Lazarus. And if not, you have a chance to install Lazarus before disaster strikes!

Using Lazarus, you can recover lost forms with a single click. Lazarus automagically encrypts and saves every form as you type. If the submission fails or if you forget to send it or your computer or browser crashes, then you can return to the page and recover the form data you originally entered.
                            Its already saved me more than once.

Comment

My bar as it looks now, which is why a reinstall would take a while:

OK, I would like to know how you got that favicon toolbar up there...
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X