Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlocking the GeForce 6800

http://firingsquad.com/hardware/geforce_6800_unlocking/

Interesting article about unlocking the $200 version of the 6800 to use 16 pipes instead of 12. This increases the performance quite a bit and makes for a nice $200 video card.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Unlocking the GeForce 6800

It looks promising but it only applies to the AGP version of the card. The PCI-E versions of the 6800 family use different cores each, not the same core with certain features disabled. :(

Comment

Is there anything I can do for my 6800gt?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Tempus, I'm not sure you'd want to try and overclock your 6800GT PCI-e card. That's pretty much the top of the line card and you won't have any problems running things a the highest settings.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

Sniff... You mean I can't triple the pipes or something?? ;)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

the GT cards have all their pipelines active, so no you can't tempus :P

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
              Is there anything I can do for my 6800gt?
              Love it, care for it tenderly, bask in it's pixelated glory!
              New to TG?

Comment

I have elcheapo 6800 with 128 DDR2 and use Rivatuner to unlock pipes and shaders. I also overclock it quite a bit, 330 core 800 mem. Its the only way it will render CSS the way it was meant to be played.
                There was much trial and error to tweek the thing just right. Went from running 7000 on 3dmark03 to about 10,000. Backed the settings off a hair and now run about 9500 or so. Plain 6800 can be revved up pretty good.
                But in the long run, I should have just bought a GT with DDR3 and 256.
                Meat Drapes
                -[OIJ]-
                Operation Infinite Justice... the worlds largest clan. Currently enjoying a membership of over 1,454,500+ . We game in every climb and place. If you want to play/become one of us... visit your nearest Armed Forces recruiting station. I bet we have games you have never even heard of. They will be glad to help you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X