Slingbox - Internet TV etc..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slingbox - Internet TV etc..

So if any of you have a slingbox solo i have some question (i don't own one yet.)

so here's my theory:
    I buy a slingbox Solo, fly to germany with it, connect it to my grandmas tv receiver set and internet

and then i can go back to the US and watch german tv live via web right?

i know i probably have to get a second set-top box, and how does it work with different channels? does the slingbox have an IR emitter?

Life's too short to live it fast.

Re: Slingbox - Internet TV etc..

well first question. why?
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

because i want to watch german tv here in the US.

Comment

That is an interesting idea. What kind of bandwidth would that require?
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

they say a minimum of 256kb upload, but i guess 1mbit upload is enough for SD streaming at leat..

Comment

I don't know if this will be an issue, but the US uses the NTSC standard and Europe uses PAL. Something to check out before proceeding.
            |TG|Melee
            Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

oh, i haven't thought if that, thanks!

i checked the power, and the slingbox does universal 110-240V 50/60 Hz

so i'll look for the tv standards..

Comment

ok, the slingbox will work perfectly for what you are trying to do. It does not matter about ntsc / pal b/c the slingbox encodes the stream and sends it to an app on your phone / computer. If you want to watch said stream on your TV, then you will be hooking up your computer to the set... I have a classic and will be getting a solo for HD this spring. I have a missionary in equador and a soldier in Afganistan who regularly tap into my tuner to watch a game or just primetime tv.... and I watch on my phone all the time.... best device ever.

and yes, it has an ir emitter to control the input, but if you skip the solo and get the tuner, you can just use the cable hookup and not force your relative to watch what you want when you take control of the box.
                Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X