Intermittent Lag on new laptop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent Lag on new laptop

So I just got a new Asus G60Vx laptop and I seem to be getting intermittent lag when playing a game. I can tell that there is something trying to access the hard drive when this happens. I can see the hard drive activity led come on and then the game will freeze for a fraction of a second. It does this about every 30-40 seconds. I have tried disabling everything I can from startup to no avail. I also did a system restore (windows reinstall) but I dont have a clean disk to do it from. Only the bloated restore partition on the drive itself. Anyone have any ideas? Im ready to return the thing.

Re: Intermittent Lag on new laptop

Which game(s) are you playing?

Comment

Battlefield 2 mostly. POE2 and PR mods. Also CSS, DoD:S and TF2. The lag happens in all games.

Comment

I know there is a problem with lag in BF2142 being EA fault, so that might explain the lag in BF2.

Comment

yea its not the games, its definetly the system. Maybe a bad drive or something eating up resources. I need to find a clean ISO for 7 home premium 64. Then I can use the license that came with my machine to do a clean install and eliminate the bloatware.

Comment

It's probably because you're on a wireless connection. Vista and Windows 7 is to blame mostly because Windows tries to search for new wireless networks every 30 seconds or so. Of course, this only seems to apply to some wireless chipsets. From my own research (and because I had the same problem in Vista and Win7), Netgear hardware doesn't seem to be affected nor the built-in WiFi chipset on some ASUS high-end mobos.

You can easily confirm this by running:
            Code:
            ping tacticalgamer.com -t
            in command console. You should see a high spike every 30 seconds or so.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

nah it wasnt network related. I can see something is hitting the hard drive every time it happens. I ended up just returning it to BB. I can use the money for other things anyway.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X