Need help with PSU support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with PSU support

I'm currently upgrading my HP compaq computer to be a gamining computer. I've already decided on everything that I would like. The problem is can my motherboard handle it. I know that graphics card, and processor, and a good fit for it. I need to know if my motherboard can handle a 700 watt PSU without burning up.

Here are specs:

Motherboard: Pegatron M2N68-LA
    Ram: 4GIG DDR2
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz 125w dual core
    Graphics card wanted: Sapphire 4850X2, becasue of superiod performance of the two cards.

Also, with this setup, I was wondering if this card is even needed to max our games with a good FPS on games like Crysis, or if I can just get the HD 5770, and be fine with no lag.

Re: Need help with PSU support

Power supplies are rated in terms of max load, not how much they put down the line. In short yes, even an HP mobo should be able to take a 700 watt PSU. In-fact as far as the mobo is concerned it shouldn't be able to tell the difference between a 300 watt PSU and a 1000 watt PSU.

As for GPU take a look at Toms Hardware Guide they have some rather up-to-date benchmarks.

Comment

All you really need to worry about is if it will fit properly into the case.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMojay View Post
        All you really need to worry about is if it will fit properly into the case.
        This is true, but I think that I already discovered that it would. I'm uncertain, to be honest. However, it is a standard ATX power supply that it is already in my computer, and the 700 watt power supply which I was going to choose is also a standard ATX power supply as well. So it should fit, correcT?

Also, I am wondering will the Sapphire 4850X2 fit in my PC as well. Which is another reason I am actually considering getting the HD 5770. It's smaller, because it's really only one card. Though I do have the PCI E express 2.0 x 16

Comment

700 watt should still be 'standard size' for a PSU. Past 700 all bets are off

Comment

Try this calculator: http://www.antec.outervision.com/

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse