My iPhone app. Tell me what you hate!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My iPhone app. Tell me what you hate!

One big problem with Apple's App Store is that it's really hard for developers to connect with customers. You have no way of contacting someone who leaves feedback for that app to get detailed info on why they loved or hated it. So, unless you have a budget to do UX testing, it's a shot in the dark hoping that others will like how you designed your app.

Anyway, I have a high regard for the opinions of most TGers--except for Cing, never listen to that guy!--and would love harsh criticism of my iPhone app called Sake. I'll be putting it on sale for free for a few days to let anyone who is interested download it. I'm not going to describe it here so you will have the same initial exposure to it as anyone else browsing the app store. Feedback is appreciated!

http://itunes.com/apps/sake

Just kidding, Cing ;)
    Last edited by Twisted_Firestarter; 01-29-2010, 05:34 PM.
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Re: My iPhone app. Tell me what you hate!

Hmmm, the only Sake I've ever had was after I was already drunk when I was living in Okinawa. It was called Habu Sake, because it had a Habu snake bottled with it, kinda like tequila with a worm...

Anyway, woke up the next morning and the bottle was empty and the snake was gone.

I wouldn't mind becoming less ignorant about sake and wine in general, but my problem is that I can't finish a bottle of wine before it goes bad.

But don't listen to me...
    Last edited by CingularDuality; 01-29-2010, 06:24 PM. Reason: edited a mispelling
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Congratulations on your app.

It says .99 cents for me. I don't drink so I would never purchase this app. But I would love to test it out and offer my wonderfully unique opinion. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
        Congratulations on your app.

It says .99 cents for me. I don't drink so I would never purchase this app. But I would love to test it out and offer my wonderfully unique opinion. :)
        I've already set the app price to free. The app store should catch up in the next 12 hours or so...
        Also gave a shout out to TG in the description ;).
        Twisted Firestarter
        a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
        sigpic

Comment

Habu sake? Sounds, uh, interesting. My fiance and I discovered and fell in love with sake while we were both working in NYC. It has an interesting history and tradition. A few month ago we went to Japan and toured a bunch of sake breweries. It was a blast!

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
          Hmmm, the only Sake I've ever had was after I was already drunk when I was living in Okinawa. It was called Habu Sake, because it had a Habu snake bottled with it, kinda like tequila with a worm...

Anyway, woke up the next morning and the bottle was empty and the snake was gone.

I wouldn't mind becoming less ignorant about sake and wine in general, but my problem is that I can't finish a bottle of wine before it goes bad.

But don't listen to me...
          Twisted Firestarter
          a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
          sigpic

Comment

Showing as $0.99 for me too.

Considering that I love Sake and used to drink Sake while playing GR and was prone to singing, I think I'll have to check it out. I'll even pay you the $0.99 since you're a TG'er!
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

It ended up saying that it was being modified and it wouldn't let me purchase the app. I'll keep my eye on it though once its updated!

Comment

Hey- What would it take to create a TG app that could let you view forums/rss feeds/PMs and stuff like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                  It ended up saying that it was being modified and it wouldn't let me purchase the app. I'll keep my eye on it though once its updated!
                  Same here...
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Nice! I never knew. Any favorites?

The App Store cache is usually around 8 hours long, so the price change should be in sometime tonight or tomorrow morning.

Showing as $0.99 for me too.

Considering that I love Sake and used to drink Sake while playing GR and was prone to singing, I think I'll have to check it out. I'll even pay you the $0.99 since you're a TG'er!
                    Twisted Firestarter
                    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                    sigpic

Comment

None of that functionality is particularly hard. How much time it would take depends on the requirements. A simple RSS feed app would be less than 8 hours probably--not including any icon/graphics/UI design.

Hey- What would it take to create a TG app that could let you view forums/rss feeds/PMs and stuff like that?
                      Twisted Firestarter
                      a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter View Post
                        None of that functionality is particularly hard. How much time it would take depends on the requirements. A simple RSS feed app would be less than 8 hours probably--not including any icon/graphics/UI design.
                        Lets chat once I get all this site migration stuff done. Or at least to the point where I don't have to worry about the server blowing up on me! :)

Comment

The update on your app is all done! Downloading now!

Comment

Does it count if I say that I hate that's for a Apple product only?
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Disclaimers: As a rule I don't usually criticize peoples work, but here goes. And I'm using a JB phone. I don't know if that has any affect on how the app functions.

I only had sake when I was at a sushi restaurant, and I ordered whatever was advertised. I imagine most people (Americans) fall into this category. I would love to learn more about sake. To get me started on my adventure as a sake connoisseur or just to pretend to be one; it would be nice to see how other people have rated their sakes. From looking at the screen shots (w/no description yet) I was expecting this kind of database. It took me a minute to figure out that there wasn't one and I was disappointed to find out that I was still alone in the wilderness which is sake.

Ultimately this app looks like it is designed for people who are already connoisseurs. To include noobs like me, at the very least there should be info pages about sake, brewery's, history, brands, tradition, proper way of drinking, aging, types of glasses etc.

Are you planning on contacting sake manufactures to try to strike ad deals?

I don't twitter so I can't comment on how that works.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X