• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LastPass.com

www.LastPass.com

Anybody use this service? Recommend it?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: LastPass.com

I've been using it for about 8 months now. I very much recommend it. From the random password generator to the auto-fill/auto-login features, its a fantastic add-on.

Comment

what does it do precisely?

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
        www.LastPass.com

Anybody use this service? Recommend it?
        I've been using it for a while now as well. It's been great. I have actually gone back through old passwords on sites and used the generator to create stronger passwords. The service / plugins have been very easy to use. I'd highly recommend it.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

And I'll be able to use it at work (where I can't install anything or use a thumbdrive?) using a "bookmarklet"? How does that work?

My only fear is that I'll use this service on my main computer, and my iPhone, and my netbook, but when I go to some other computer, that I won't have access to any of the passwords that are now very strong and not at all in my memory...

It's my understanding that I only have to go to the Lastpass website, log in, put a few bookmarklet's in the browser that I'm using, and I'm all set? Even if it's a public workstation?

I guess I'll try it out on the work computers, where I don't have to worry about anyone other than a mischievous network admin messing with my private stuff if there are any security holes.
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

If you're on your own machine you simply install the plugin for your browser and you're set. If you are on a public computer you can use the lastpass bookmarklet or simply log into your lastpass account via the web and copy your password from your site list. I too was worried at first about not being able to access my accounts when I was without the plugin, but so far I haven't had an issue with it.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

I have been afraid of having my passwords on a strange server. Is it really safe? Is it better then roboform online sync? https://online.roboform.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                I have been afraid of having my passwords on a strange server. Is it really safe? Is it better then roboform online sync? https://online.roboform.com/
                I know the answer to this one! All your info is encrypted client side using AES256, which means that, with a decent master password, it's practically uncrackable. They go pretty in depth on the security and encryption involved on their website. I'm not concerned with the security of the service at all. My only worries were about access should LastPass.com disappear one day...
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I've been using Passpack.com for over a year. No regrets. I had your concerns, Cing. They're all managed.
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

OK, so I used the bookmarklet at work today. Worked like a charm. The only problem I had was when I tried to log into Facebook on my iPhone when I was away from a computer and had already changed the password. iPhone support from LastPass is part of the premium (paid) service. I suppose I could've logged into the LastPass website, copied my facebook pw, then pasted it into the facebook app, but I just waited until I got back to a computer.

I'm going to use it for a few more weeks before I decide whether or not to dive in with a premium account, but, so far, this looks like a winner.
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I've been using it for just about a year now as well. I had the same security concerns about storing my passwords on some remote server, but their encryption seems to be good as is the service.

I don't really use the autoform or password generator much since the form filler doesn't fill out the right forms fields from site to site. It's nice having track of really old passwords on sites I barely visit once a year.

I really rely on it now with Firefox on my desktop and netbook. I use the free account btw.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I migrated from RF to lastpass yesterday; organized everything and went to each website to varify. I found that on some sites it would literally do nothing and I had to copy and paste. Very annoying. What I did like was the ability to separate everything into folders and tech support got back to me right away. So I dumped lastpass and set up Roboform online auto-sync and iphone app.

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                          I migrated from RF to lastpass yesterday; organized everything and went to each website to varify. I found that on some sites it would literally do nothing and I had to copy and paste. Very annoying. What I did like was the ability to separate everything into folders and tech support got back to me right away. So I dumped lastpass and set up Roboform online auto-sync and iphone app.
                          I haven't found a site that lastpass won't populate for me. What may happen though is imported sites/passwords didn't import quite as clean. Another thing with the browser plugin is that if lastpass doesn't populate when you first hit the page, then I just click the plugin button and select to populate.

Lastpass will also save multiple login/passwords for a site.... and it can keep things by URL so two different login URLs for the same site can be registered differently on lastpass. But it will still give you the option to fill the username / password.
                          |TG-12th| asch
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks. That was the problem. It didn't import everything flawlessly. After a couple runs through the sites it works great.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X