No announcement yet.

Jobs slams Google, Adobe

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobs slams Google, Adobe

On Google: We did not enter the search business, Jobs said. They entered the phone business. Make no mistake they want to kill the iPhone. We wonít let them, he says. Someone else asks something on a different topic, but thereís no getting Jobs off this rant. I want to go back to that other question first and say one more thing, he says. This donít be evil mantra: ďItís bull****.Ē Audience roars.

About Adobe: They are lazy, Jobs says. They have all this potential to do interesting things but they just refuse to do it. They donít do anything with the approaches that Apple is taking, like Carbon. Apple does not support Flash because it is so buggy, he says. Whenever a Mac crashes more often than not itís because of Flash. No one will be using Flash, he says. The world is moving to HTML5.

The world, of course, includes Google, which last week in a somewhat more modest development bypassed Appleís iPhone app blockade by unveiling an html5 version of Google Voice, which takes full advantage of mobile Safari on the iPhone. found it to be an impressive variation of the app Apple has neither approved nor officially rejected.
    I don't see Google as "wanting to kill the iPhone". I see it as wanting to kill the closed cellphone ecology that takes control away from users. The droid ecology is much more open, with no gatekeeper "store" that prevents users from using unapproved apps, and an ability to use the medium as a neutral carrier and not get reamed by expensive service fees (eg. the high cost of texting).

The problem with Adobe's stuff isn't just that it's buggy, but that those bugs are often security issues, and there are active exploits in the wild. And Adobe is as slow as Microsoft in getting fixes out, leaving users swinging in the wind.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed