No announcement yet.

Vista Antivirus 2010, malware

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Antivirus 2010, malware

hey guys, ive recently picked up the Vista Antivirus 2010 malware, i have no idea what this will do; or more importantly how to remove it. Anybody know any idiots guides to the removal of this stuff cos i refuse to use my computer until ive got it sorted....

Thanks for the sig Bandaid (look at how well made my avatar is!)

Re: Vista Antivirus 2010, malware

Run: msconfig, disable it from starting, then use malwarebytes to remove it.

This might not be a perfect guide, as there are plenty of variants, but it's the best first step for now until we get more info.

Try here. If not, these guys and gals are pretty good at cleaning PCs.

Good luck!

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

This is quick and easy to do.
        1. Click start button
        2. Click run
        3. Then type "regedit"
        4. Click edit
        5. Then find
        6. Type "Vista Antivirus 2010" press enter
        7. Anything that comes up highlighted with "Vista Antivirus 2010" name right click it & select delete.
        8. Hit F3 and repeat step 7
        9. Continue step 8 until it says it couldn't find anything in the registry.
        10. Once registry is clean go to add or remove programs, select "Vista Antivirus 2010" & uninstall it.

You can also download a free program called CCleaner, install it then run its cleaner & registry cleaner.

Oh god. the Antivirus 20XX scam virus malware is STILL around? i've been hearing about it since 2007 or so. And they've updated it to a new version?

Malwarebytes is definitely your first line of defense against that/for removing that. If it's disguising itself/disabling MWB you may need to use a Hirens' bootdisk to boot from and run the MWB and AV suites on that.

The chief way i've seen the AV 20XX viruses spread is through a click-through popup streamed from less-than-scrupulous banner ad servers. If one of them pops up after clicking on a legit link and does something like having a regular windows dialogue button pop up (usually talking about a free scan, etc, and then when you click no, having another dialogue pop up) It's best to just go to taskmanager and terminate your browser process. Sometimes it infects you just by clicking on the dialogue button choices (or locks you in a never-ending loop of no prompts)

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
          <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
          DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed