V-Card Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Card Question

Ok , i have a EVGA E-GEFORCE 8800GTS KO Crysis 540MHZ 112SP 640MB 1.7GHZ GDDR3 PCI-EDVI-I card (thats what my invoice says) I have 2 Questions 1) is it still a good card ? 2) if its not a good card shouldnt it be cheaper for me to get another one and run two cards ? i havent been keeping up with v-cards for awhile so any help would be great ! or should i just stick to what i have ?

Re: V-Card Question

The 8800 GTS is decent card but it's probably starting to show it's age. I'm pretty sure Bamboo is still rocking an 8800.

It might be slightly cheaper you to get another 8800 and do SLI (assuming you have the PSU and a mobo that support it) but you're better off with a single card solution. SLI and Crossfire never really make sense unless the price of the cards is dirt cheap. The price to performance ratio is always in favor of a single card solution due to the high price of video cards.

You should probably stick with that card for the time being till Nvidia releases the Fermi cards. It should make prices fall on all the other card lines, ATi included.
    Last edited by Spyder228; 02-04-2010, 04:54 PM.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I thought this was about electronic business cards...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

It is a decent card still. The real question is does it not do what you want?

I would suggest against buying another for SLI if you can even find one. Not worth it.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
          I thought this was about electronic business cards...
          Ditto.
          Twisted Firestarter
          a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed