Hulu Videos Only Working on IE8?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hulu Videos Only Working on IE8?

Anyone else have problems playing Hulu flash videos on any other browser but IE8?

It seems their detection scripts at fault ever since I updated my Flash version to the latest 10 (had 10 rc or 10 beta before). I can't get past that "you need Flash installed" message trying to watch any video on Hulu using FF3.6, Chrome, or Opera 10.x. I don't have this problem with any other website that uses Flash or Flash videos.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Hulu Videos Only Working on IE8?

Working fine on chrome 5.0.317.2
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Hmm, weird, not working in Chrome 4.0.249.78 (36714). IE8 is the on browser where Hulu's videos play without a hitch. It's like right after I updated Flash Hulu vids stopped working on the other browsers. I've even gone through and cleaned out the Flash install and did a fresh one several times and it still isn't working in FF, Chrome, or Opera.

Edit: Well, I'll be damned. Decided to give the flash install one more go and what do you know, Hulu now works in FF. Going to check it in Chrome and Opera. Just my luck that I post a problem here and it entire miraculously solves itself or it breaks down even further.

Okay, case solved. Flash vids on Hulu now working in all three browsers.
      Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 02-08-2010, 01:04 AM.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I've been having a ruff time with Hulu lately too. Lots of pausing and bad playback. Tried moving up to the new flash beta but still sucks. So have been watching Netflix streaming the past couple of weeks instead.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Yeah, can't wait until we move away from Flash for videos. It never was reliable to begin with.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

If I remember correctly HTML5 can be used on youtube and vimeo but it does have a ways to go to catch flash, which just needs to die, I'm sick of flash crashing in chrome.
            Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
              If I remember correctly HTML5 can be used on youtube and vimeo but it does have a ways to go to catch flash, which just needs to die, I'm sick of flash crashing in chrome.
              Not supported in Firefox and only supported in IE8 using a Chrome mod addition (aka ChromeFrame). At least the implementation using h.264 (better quality than AVI with a "slight" increase in total size).

Although Flash is now working...lots of choppiness and moments where it just freezes on me for a few seconds at a time. Just great. Only workaround is to restart my browser every time it starts going wacky.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

So I figured out my problems. Decided to bypass my router and all of a sudden I get blazing fast loads on youtube and hulu. I mean the difference is like night and day noticeable.
                Guess tomorrow will spend some time trying to figure out what is wrong with the router.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                  So I figured out my problems. Decided to bypass my router and all of a sudden I get blazing fast loads on youtube and hulu. I mean the difference is like night and day noticeable.
                  Guess tomorrow will spend some time trying to figure out what is wrong with the router.
                  Which router are you using Bam?
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

It's the ASUS RT-N13U.
                    Wife was out of town and it was awesome to be able to watch Hulu without constant hickups. She's back, so I had to start using the router again, and now back to stop and go, stop and go.
                    Haven't had time to dig into settings, but they are pretty much default except for security.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Ah poop. I was going to suggest flashing it with DD-WRT, Tomato, or some other open-source router firmware. Unfortunately, it seems your particular RT-N13 lineup isn't supported by DD-WRT or by Tomato. If you only had bought the N12 or N16. It's most likely the hidden (or just plain non-user adjustable) NAT and routing settings on your router that's causing the Hulu choppiness in videos.

One other thing, if you have QoS bandwidth caps and filtering enabled, try turning it off. That might help.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X