Suggestions for a Joystick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for a Joystick

Ok, as of right now I have an old Cyborg Evo, i had it since I been playying Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. I really want to get into the Jets in Project Reality, and get really good with a helicopter. Also I want to have something thats decent for flight sims should I ever reload one
    My biggest issue is that this thing has been in a little closet thing for a long time, so its sticky as anything, and I have to really put in some dead zones in this thing to really make it usable.
    Plus I had to carve lines into the throttle so I could put it at 50% so I could make this thing work and not fly backwards
    Anyone got ideas? I've looked at the Cyborg X, but I'm not sure, it needs to be under 50 at least, or 100 at most

I posted this in the hardware section, but I feel this is a more searched section, and it'll get more attention and suggestions for what I want, not the new Saitek X65F with its insane amoutn of buttons

Plus if someone would be willing to help me learn to fly helos with the joystick, it'd be appreciated
    sigpic
    <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Re: Suggestions for a Joystick

I do well with the Extreme 3D Pro. Good, solid piece of Logitech hardware.
    |TG-6th|Belhade
    "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
      I do well with the Extreme 3D Pro. Good, solid piece of Logitech hardware.
      yeah...for the price its pretty good. i have been using it on flight sims for ever...and it has hash marks on the throttle so you know where 50% is. but i have never tried it in PR (i dont fly in PR cuz i suck at it)

Comment

I also have a Logitech E 3D Pro. It has a Serial-to-USB adapter on it, that's how old it is.
        Works fine with PR though.

Comment

I also have a Logitec 3D Extreme I purchased last year and I've found it to be reliable and comfortable to use.
          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I have the original Saitek Aviator joystick, which I used for jet flight until I got my Mamba. It's quite good. In PR, simplicity > complexity when you're looking at joysticks. You also want to avoid force feedback.

Comment

I'd figure that be sometihng to look for
              I think my biggest issue with flying right now is the fact taht I'm doing what I could call a mixing bowl effect, basically spinning it around trying to keep it level
              sigpic

Comment

I use a logitech freedom 2.4 and love it. Its cordless and you dont have to wory about getting stcuk in the cord. Also the battery lasts months and when it is low u have an orange light to tell you...
                |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

This depends on how serious you are about your flight simming...

Anything from Saitek will do the job guaranteed :)

Former E1st Heavyweight

Comment

Well, when Iwas into MS2004, I was only into flyign never actually landing
                    But I've been wanting to be a jet pilot in PR, or a better Helo pilot
                    My biggest isseuw ith my Cyborg Evo is the damn thing needs so much dead zone just to make it not twitch worse than hell when centered
                    sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X