• Show
Clear All

• Recommend oG a new CPU + Motherboard

Current specs.

Pentium D 930 3.00GHZ
    4GB DDR2 Ram
    1 GB 9500GT
    80GB hard drive

I need a new CPU + Processor, im not too familiar with computer hardware, and ill be installing myself. I've got my eyes on this biotch

How would this improve my gaming? I have about a $300 budget.

Re: Recommend oG a new CPU + Motherboard

Originally posted by OriginalWarrior View Post
    CPU + Processor
    Those are the same thing, btw. Computer Processing Unit/Processor. You have it correct in the title.

Assuming that my googling is correct, your Pentium D930 is a dual core at 3.0 GHz. The AMD CPU on newegg there is a quad core at 3.0 GHz; This means that less strain will be put on the CPU and allow for quicker/more efficient non-graphic processes.

It looks like a good deal by the price; Whiskey6 posted the same deal in the BFBC2 forums when he was upgrading. I'm tempted to get my rig from back home up here somehow and get that combo and an AMD graphics card in it...

I'd go with an "older" AMD Quad or Triple core. I picked mine up a few months ago plus a good motherboard for about $120 shipped. It's amazing compared to my old Pentium D and you won't be disappointed for the price.

Hunt around for deals and you'll eventually find a nice combo for the right price.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W
        ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

I got a similar system and it's super fast... 80+ FPS in Battlefield Bad Company 2. (link)

Is this mainly for PR or do you have other games in mind as well?
          |TG-12th| Namebot

I currently run that cpu, it's a real powerhouse too i give it 2 thumbs up, as far as running an older chip? question is why? the phenomII has better memory controller,bandwidth, etc....over a dual core or even the original phenom. Buy this and your done messing with it for awhile. i will say that whiskey's combo uses an Asus board....I have never ran an ECS but i know that I would pay a little extra for the reliability of the Asus.
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed