Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headsets (arggg)..USB v. Jack.. How do you do it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headsets (arggg)..USB v. Jack.. How do you do it?

Hi Folks.. I am coming from a USB Headset world.. Not worrying about a lost frame here or there.. and using Onboard sound (By Passing my Barracuda crap card)..

But I see alot of good headset deals which have the 3.5" jack plugs and got me wondering how you folks deal with this.? I have a FULL Antec Tower sitting on the floor against the wall.. Just to get to the rear of the PC to plug in the plugs would be a hassle..let alone the wear and tear on the jacks...

I am assuming you have to plug and unplug the headset when you want to use it ..etc.? Is there anyway to do this in software??
    Also..I only have the single Jack OUT and Mic in on the front of my box... that won't work for Surround Gaming..correct?

My Broken USB Headset (I wheeled over the wire 1 to many times) had a switch inline to kill the usb or enable it..so it's on or off..then the PC defaults to the Onboard sound when needed.. Kinda nice..

Ideas or thoughts..
    Thanks
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: Headsets (arggg)..USB v. Jack.. How do you do it?

I have a Razer Carcharias headset with dual plugs which are plugged in 99% of the time and just unplug the earphones when I want to use the speakers which isnt often. I ve always used the onboard sound because im not an audiophile and it works fine for me. They are comfortable for long Arma 2 battles,the wire has an outer weaved layer that seems to protect it from the wheel overs pretty good, so far anyway. No surround sound for me, I spent my money on SSD's . Maybe one day I will have it.

Comment

I use splitters. The power gets split but I get audio to my speakers and headphones without having to plug/unplug cables. I turn off the speakers when I'm using my headphones and don't care that sound comes out of the headphones when using the speakers.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I have a set of powered Creative speakers, I plug the speakers to the back, and the headset to the speakers in the volume control module. I just unplug them when I want my speakers.

Comment

Think of USB as another kind of PCI slot, except that it's on the outside of the PC instead of requiring you to crack it open to plug in a card. With this in mind, shop for a "USB surround sound" "card", except in this case it's an external box that plugs into the front-panel USB connector. With this in mind, a quick google turns up a number of possibilities:

http://www.google.com/search?q=usb+surround+sound
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X