Hootie's traveling PR rig

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hootie's traveling PR rig

I am looking to build a small format (under 20lbs) PR gaming rig. I travel for work 4-5 months out of the year and am sick of hauling my 50-60lbs rig everywhere I go. I would like to keep the system price under $900. Any suggestions?

Re: Hootie's traveling PR rig

a Lian li case PC A05N is very light, but will need strap.
    Silverstone SG-04FH is not bad for weight, but is the best portable case IMO.

Comment

That Silverstone case is awesom. Thanks for the advice

Comment

A couple caveats on the case:

- Fully loaded it still wasn't "light". Use SSD's and the stock cooler only. Drop the disc drive if you can. This will probably trim 2+ lbs alone.
        - Use a modular PS, but pay attention to the weight. Get a good quality 80+ rated one, but try and get the lightest one you trust. An aluminum chassis will help, but they aren't common.
        - 5850 fits, but barely, don't get a longer card.
        - The front left bezel is held by magnet, but barely. It might flop around while carring.
        - I had grounding issues on my front USB ports, check for this before you get too far in the build.

http://img32.imageshack.us/slideshow...dc10260efg.jpg

Alternativly, DFI makes a P55 gaming ITX motherboard, and sivlerstone and Lian li both have small chassis for them. Only problem with that is your limited to a 5770 or shorter card. If it's just PR, then this is still an overkill card. Look at this route seriously as well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X