Monitor used as TV?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor used as TV?

Can anyone tell me, is there a way for me to take my LCD 18" monitor and use it as a stand alone tv....no PC hooked to it? is there a box or something i can buy to hook cable up to and then hook my monitor to the box? My daughter needs a tv in her room and what a great Dad i would be to let her have my monitor....I would be such a great Dad that i would reward myself with a new 23" monitor for gaming.....damn i am nice! Any help would be great.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: Monitor used as TV?

I believe you can buy HDMI to DVI converters, which you would be able to use if the cable box has an HDMI output.

Comment

Re: Monitor used as TV?

If you have a cable box from your cable company you can connect it with the appropriate jack.
      Looks like you may be looking for a stand alone solution which would be a TV Tuner box that comes in many shapes and sizes.
      Usually you can get a box from your cable company for ~$5 mo or buy one for as low as $40 aftermarket.

For your new monitor, I have seen many newer ones that have a TV tuner built in. I saw a Samsung 23' on Newegg for as low as $219. Just keep an eye on the prices.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X