Cases with USB3.0 support?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cases with USB3.0 support?

Will be building a new computer in about a month's time, and was doing preliminary research. It occurred to me that on newegg at least, there is no easy way to filter for cases with USB3.0 support. I know Lian-Liu has one coming out in late March, but does anyone know of any other cases that are out (or are coming out soon) with USB3.0 support?

Thanks.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: Cases with USB3.0 support?

Actually, that is a good question. I haven't noticed any, but will start looking. Guessing a lot of folks will just have to use add-in cards till most cases switch over.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I don't see it as a big deal, all your loosing is a front or top mounted port. Everything else is on the backplate otherwise.

Comment

I have not seen any cases with USB 3.0 support yet, some motherboards are steadily getting them integrated. I ordered the MSI P55-GD85 board, it comes with both SATA-3 and USB 3.0 support integrated onto it.

Comment

Yes, I definitely am excited for USB3.0 and SATA3, and I think that the front USB ports ARE important on a case, so I'll definitely seek one out that has one.

This Lian-Li case, due out at the end of March, will have USB3.0 ports.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Wish they were not so pricey, wonder why the interior is still silver, though. Black interior is so slick.

Comment

Wait they got 3 coming out?! Good god, is there anything using it yet?
              sigpic
              <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

I've been looking at the USB 3.0/SATA 6.0 boards and case compatibility too, but I haven't seen any mobos with onboard USB 3.0 ports to connect to the front panel of a case. Currently they all have just two 3.0 ports on the rear panel, and several 2.0 ports onboard for USB 2.0 expansion.

So, how would you connect the front panel USB 3.0 connectors of a case to the motherboard? Jerry rig a cable to the rear panel ports? - Yuck :row__628:.

:icon_frow
                |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
                sigpic

Comment

Well, that sucks. Why are the mobos so far behind in offering on-board support beyond the back panels?

Comment

Good catch, I never even thought about looking for a new case...........

Here is the MoBo I have my eyes on:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=MB-225-GI

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFart View Post
                      Wait they got 3 coming out?! Good god, is there anything using it yet?
                      Yep, last time I heard several motherboards, nine external hard drives/enclosures, and two add-in cards already made use of the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 standard. You can look at the USB.org website for a more complete list.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X