Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with my new asus motherboard. HELP!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with my new asus motherboard. HELP!!!

ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
    Phenom II 3.0GHz Quad Core
    9500GT Nvidia 1Gb
    Samsung HD080HJ 80Gb HD

This thing will not boot windows normally. I can boot in safe mode just fine. When i go to boot normally it shows the blue screen of death for a tenth of a second then reboots itself. I went to the BIOS and the primary IDE master is [Not Detected] I have the Asus installation DVD but when i try to open it in safe mode it gives me this error "Can't execute kernel mode driver service" WTF!?! Im really worried as i just dropped $340 on a MO CPU and RAM.. Please help me!! i need to get back to my gaming!
    -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Re: Problem with my new asus motherboard. HELP!!!

What RAM are you using? What speed? Is your RAM on the ASUS approved list for your mobo?
    What OS are you trying to install? Did you flash your BIOS y/n? If yes, how did you do it?

Comment

I have DDr3 ram 1333g, im not trying to install an OS because i already had XP installed. Do i need to wipe my hard drive and re install XP? and im not sure what you mean by flash my BIOS
      EDIT - I think u mean back up my BIOS settings on a flash drive, if so then no i did not.
      -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

No wonder. You replaced your motherboard and didn't reinstall or repair your windows install? You need to boot from your windows install DVD and select install and then the repair option once it detects that you already have XP installed.

Flashing your BIOS means to upgrade to or replace your BIOS with a newer or different version.

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211410

Heres the RAM i chose to go with the Motherboard. if it means anything i put them in the 1st and 3rd slots. i've literally been trying to fix this problem for hours.
          -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

allright so now i should change my boot sequence to dvdrom put my windows install CD in and go to repair? ill do that now.
            -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

windows xp repair might get it bootable. But don't count on it, or it even being stable. If that still won't work, you might need to change your RAM "auto" voltages to match what the ram is designed to run at.

If any of this seems foreign or difficult to understand, best to get a computer geek to look at it.

Comment

My frst guess would be a problem with SATA controller drivers. They should have been set to standard before the swap.

Comment

Best to re-install windows with a new hardware setup.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmojay View Post
                    best to re-install windows with a new hardware setup.
                    qft

Comment

First off if you have a SATA HDD, "Primary IDE [Not Detected]" would be correct as your HDD is not connected via IDE.

Secondly, you should always reinstall Windows after swapping out the motherboard. Repairs just lead to more problems.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

do a clean install.......problems will go away
                        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X