Suggestions for a new monitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for a new monitor

I am looking for an lcd monitor that has a 21-24 inch screen with built in speakers. The price range is 150-200 dollars.

Right now, I am leaning towards this:

ASUS VH236H Black 23" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 20000 :1 (ASCR) Built-in Speakers

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236059

I would welcome any other suggestions.

Thx

AB
    "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
    "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Re: Suggestions for a new monitor

Curiously, why would limit yourself to models with speakers instead of getting separate speakers, which will sound better?
    |TG|Melee
    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Originally posted by Melee View Post
      Curiously, why would limit yourself to models with speakers instead of getting separate speakers, which will sound better?
      This monitor is not for me. I'm helping my mum find a decent lcd monitor (she's fed up with her 17" CRT) and built in speakers would be a convenience.

btw, i live in National City
      Last edited by AbRocinante; 02-19-2010, 03:08 AM.
      "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
      "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Comment

Oh, it's for your mummy ah.
        If it was for you I would have said get the t240HD, and you might want to consider it for your mom as well. It has what you want, but it is a little more expensive but you can find it for $220 if you deal with Bing Cash Back.

Samsung Touch of Color T240HD 24" LCD HD Monitor - 5ms, 1080p, 1920 x 1200, 10000:1 Dynamic, 1000:1 Native, HDMI, DVI, Rose/Black--$220.99 after 15% BCB w/ Free Shipping

About that link..........I posted a few times in that thread and had a very angry tone, but if you look back through the other threads for the monitor, it is pages of people with no clue wasting people's time.

She might like it because it can also do TV with a built in tuner. But it is a x1200 rez, compared to x1080 of just about every other monitor for sale these days in that price range. Most of us would rather have x1200, but some like a causal computer user mom might not care and be happy with x1080. It is out of stock at Tigerdirect now, but check out the video review at the link:

Samsung Touch of Color T240HD 24" LCD HD Monitor - 5ms, 1080p, 1920 x 1200, 10000:1 Dynamic, 1000:1 Native, HDMI, DVI, Rose/Black

Word of note, it looks like this monitor and the t260hd is going out of stock most places, as it is probably being discontinued. Looks like all LCD makers are only putting out x1080 sets, so if you have been holding off, you might want to snag this while you still can. I have been holding off, but I may order the 26" this weekend before I miss it. I like that it has a 3 year warranty, which is a lot more than most other sets have.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I ordered the ASUS VH242HL-P 23.6in Widescreen LCD Monitor 5ms 300 cd/m2. It's actually $6.00 cheaper now too, its similar to the one you linked, but it offers adjustable height, also you can get 2% Bing cashback. It will actually be arriving today via FedEx.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X