The Bloom Box: a power plant for the home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bloom Box: a power plant for the home

Engadget just posted this earlier this morning, and has me very interested, so thought I would pass it on..............

The Bloom Box: a power plant for the home

The video is a few mins. long, but worth the watch. Of course this might not be "the" solution, but might be a part of it. Now we just have to wait till Wed. to find out all the details.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: The Bloom Box: a power plant for the home

I missed that last night. Thanks for the link.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I watched the special on 60 minutes last night. It was all pretty impressive. If you could get cheap hydrogen to feed into that thing the energy crisis is solved.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I saw a demo of a solar array that made bunches of hydrogen with just a few panels. The problem was it only produced enough to power about 1/3 of a typical house and the fuel cells. The cost at the time (late 90's) was about 2-5k for just the hydrogen production. The fuel cells where 30-50k for that relatively small amount of power. Maybe that is enough for this? And maybe the cost has come down for the water splitter since then.
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

The press event just ended, and here is everything you need to know:
          Live from the Bloom Box press event

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

More stuff posted about it after the press show:

Giz Explains: Fuel Cells and Bloom Energy's Miracle Box

Bloom 'Box' Energy Server hands-on (literally) with video!

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X