Windows 7 Activation Technologies Update now live, ready to be dodged

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 Activation Technologies Update now live, ready to be dodged

You may have noticed a bunch of new updates just got pushed through windows update, and one of them is:

Windows 7 Activation Technologies Update now live, ready to be dodged

I'm completly legit, but posting this because it is more of MS not trusting its real customers.
    I actually didn't download today's update since it seems the last few updates MS has put out has caused problems from some people. Recently it was XP people. So I have been giving it a few days to hear about any reports before I install.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Windows 7 Activation Technologies Update now live, ready to be dodged

Probably won't be long till they make a mandatory upgrade.

I'll be so pissed if they try to say that my copy is bad. Just because I didn't have 64 bit XP doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to upgrade to 64 bit Win7.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

MS still hasn't mailed me my Ultimate Key I got for doing some training. I am curious to see if the update knocks out the key I bought off ebay for s%$ts and giggles for $10. Haven't got around to using it yet though.

I really hate the new OEM key restrictions, I change my rig so much that 1 hardware config period is insulting and rediculous. I only use one machine/key like I'm supposed to, but apparently that wasnt offensive enough to paying customers.

Comment

It is a shame how the people who actually buy the products get penalized. It's the same for DRM, Legal warnings at the beginnings of films.. such a game.

Comment

I just talked to a buddy of mine who works at a local tech shop and he said that the bootloader most commonly used by people pirating W7 has already been updated to counter the fix MS put out. I love the fact that microsoft spends so much time screwing over its actual customers and putting out "security updates" like this to stop pirates, and the power of the interwebs gets around it in less than 12 hours.

Comment

How is this different than "windows genuine advantage", which is already mandatory?

Comment

This one give means and method to detect common activation hacks. Just another fall on the slippery slope. Also, if your legit copy is flagged otherwise you now have a hassle and PITA or worse a dead key.

Comment

Originally posted by ForGlory&Pain View Post
                This one give means and method to detect common activation hacks. Just another fall on the slippery slope. Also, if your legit copy is flagged otherwise you now have a hassle and PITA or worse a dead key.
                Well *holds up a mug of beer* here's to hoping us legit users don't get screwed over.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

What was more amusing to me was the RC to Release "no upgrade path" fail. Sure, it was easy enough to get around, but lol, in this day and age, with the ease of this type of process that Linux/Solaris/OSX deliver, its just pretty sad/laughable. Now this. No wonder they are losing market share. Still W7 is the best thing they have done since DOS 5.1. Taken them long enough to get it stable.
                  Do or do not, there is no try....
                  -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Originally posted by gunjunkie View Post
                    No wonder they are losing market share.
                    Win7 is the fastest selling operating system in history and MS currently has 94% of an expanding market.
                    Twisted Firestarter
                    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                    sigpic

Comment

Anyone have it (Activation Tech Update) installed? Any problems?
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I have it installed. No problems with it.
                        Twisted Firestarter
                        a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                        sigpic

Comment

My roommate's two computers (laptop and a PC) were dead today, both refused to log in to the administrator account and stated that the copy of Windows was not legitimate (a friend installed copies of W7Ultimate on both computers for him, so they probably weren't...)

Sure enough, the only thing installed on both computers within the past day was a new set of Windows 7 updates overnight. Ironically he managed to use the system restore to go back a week on his laptop and it works fine again, so he just disabled auto-updates while he's waiting for a cheap educational version of 7 to arrive in the mail :icon_lol:.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter View Post
                            Win7 is the fastest selling operating system in history and MS currently has 94% of an expanding market.
                            94% of what market? IBM compatible PCs? Surely you can't be referring to the computer market overall. In fact, now that I think about it, a lot of people still use XP, and even older MS operating systems for that matter. You must be referring to the market for "multi-core IBM compatible computers." Even then, I am not sure about your figures. A lot of people must also still be using Vista, for that matter.

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                            My roommate's two computers (laptop and a PC) were dead today, both refused to log in to the administrator account and stated that the copy of Windows was not legitimate (a friend installed copies of W7Ultimate on both computers for him, so they probably weren't...)

Sure enough, the only thing installed on both computers within the past day was a new set of Windows 7 updates overnight. Ironically he managed to use the system restore to go back a week on his laptop and it works fine again, so he just disabled auto-updates while he's waiting for a cheap educational version of 7 to arrive in the mail :icon_lol:.
                            Why does your friend have Automatic Updates enabled? I am still using a (legit) version of XP Pro, but I have never installed WGA. It's just offensive to me. In fact I closely monitor and manually give permission for every single thing M$ wants to "update" on my computer (I have automatic updates on, but with my approval, not auto DL & install).
                            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I'd say 99% of people just don't want to deal with installing updates manually, or they don't realize what crap can come in it.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X