Help: 2TB WD Caviar Green SATA in Antec MX-100 USB enclosure not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: 2TB WD Caviar Green SATA in Antec MX-100 USB enclosure not working

This is frustrating me, and I already had a horrible headache, and it's probably something stupid like I forgot to format it a certain way, or something...

Anyway, I bought this HDD thinking it would be perfect to replace the 1TB Barracuda as my external drive to hook up to my HTPC. So, I take the old HDD out, and slide the new 2TB drive in, connect the power cable and USB cable, and hook 'er up to my PC. Windows sees a new device, installs the SATA-USB Bridge, installs the mass storage device, etc... I go to Windows Explorer to start dragging files to it, and it's not there. I go to Device Manager, and there it is under disk drives.

So, Windows sees the hardware, but not the disk. I haven't formatted a hard drive other than for a full Win install in forever, is that what I'm forgetting to do? How do I do that while it's in that external enclosure?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Help: 2TB WD Caviar Green SATA in Antec MX-100 USB enclosure not working

If you go to "Administrative tools" "computer management" and click on "storage" "Disk management" it should show up there, if it is there then you can format and partition the drive as you see fit.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMojay View Post
      If you go to "Administrative tools" "computer management" and click on "storage" "Disk management" it should show up there, if it is there then you can format and partition the drive as you see fit.
      That was it! I didn't know how to format a HDD without a boot disk... You're my hero today!
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

That's good to hear, glad to help.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X