New PC Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PC Build

Well , my old PC was a trooper. It looked great and ran great for 3 years, but with the release of BFBC2 it's time for a new PC. For anyone who missed it here's a link to the worklog for my previous build - http://www.hardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1154571
    Some of the photo links on that page are broken, but you get the idea.

Now I do like watercooling, but this time around it just seemed like too much work. So I decided to go high-end air cooling instead. The big thing was the case, and I'm really liking this new Silverstone FT02. It's definitely one of the nicer cases out there, if you've got room for it.

Case - Silverstone FT02B-W
    Motherboard - Asus P6T SE
    CPU - Intel i7-920
    Memory - OCZ DDR3 1600 6GB 3 channel
    OS Drive - Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD
    Data Drive - WD 500GB
    Optical Drive - Lite-On iHOS104-06
    Video - Sapphire Radeon HD 5770
    HSF - Thermalright Venomous-X
    PSU - Seasonic X650

DSC_3099r..jpgDSC_3097r..jpgDSC_3090r..jpgDSC_3086r..jpg

Proud to have been an Irregular!

Re: New PC Build

Yeah, Silverstone is quality, the interior of that case is very similar to the RV01, and the RV02. Even with high end air cooling, you'll still be able to overclock that 920 quite a bit, the airflow design of that case will help quite a bit as well.

Comment

That nice.
      Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Is this already a done deal, or are you looking for feedback?

My question here is why don't you go with a USB3.0 SATA6.0 board?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Very nice, very nice spiff913. I would venture an assumption that Lian-Li and Silverstone make one of the best cases. But you need a better video card and a bigger monitor.
          Attached Files
          "veritas vos liberabit"

Comment

Asus makes a USB 3.0 expansion card if it really gets to be an issue. I'm not so worried about future-proofing that particular spec.

Nice setup, Barry. I'm already wanting a better monitor, and you're not helping... :)

Proud to have been an Irregular!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X