Would love your advice for....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would love your advice for....

Hey guys. I'm in need of a new computer at a reasonable price. I really don't want to go over a 1K. This is the computer I have in mind but please let me know what you guys think. Thank you very much.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Mega_Special_III/
    |TG-8th| LATINA

[conduct][medic]

:icon14: :icon1: :icon_bigg

Re: Would love your advice for....

That looks like a good setup for the price to me. If I were you I would spend the extra cash on the video card if you can go up to 1K. Like a Radeon 5850 would get you much better performance without going over your limit.

Comment

Pick up the i5 750 instead, IMO the 4 cores are worth the clock speed trade, and the 750 OC's to that clock easily enough if you want to make up the difference.
      Swap to the Gigabyte P55M-UD2, its a cooler running board and IMO more reliable. (also has a decent volume level on the mic and spkr outputs, not sure about the EVGA, but ASUS boards of late are noticably quieter)
      Corsair ram is fine, avoid the Kingston.
      Other than that, looks good. Plan on upgrading the videocard next fall when a 5850 equivalent is a lot cheaper.

Comment

Switch CPU to i5 750 for same price.
        |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Thank you so very much for the response. I appreciate you guys so much. TG ftw!!!
          |TG-8th| LATINA

[conduct][medic]

Comment

that price seems steep. If i get some time i'll build you one on newegg to compare prices.

- -

Comment

That would be amazing Vulcan! ty
              |TG-8th| LATINA

[conduct][medic]

Comment

I emailed them to your msn address. Will post up here for others once the wishlists go public.

- -

Comment

If you can build it yourself. I just did a mock config on the PC I am using right now at a certain PC place that advertises on our boards and they were easily 350$ more than just me buying it and putting it together myself. That $350 would buy one nice a$$ vid card or cpu
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

The trick with these computer builders like the one she linked is you're not sure exactly what hardware you're getting in a few areas like motherboard and hard drive which IMO are the two most important devices on your computer that you don't skip out on.

- -

Comment

I will do 1 better Latina, if you do not feel comfortable building the pc. buy the stuff and send it to me, I'll put it together, load the OS and then you can just pay the shipping to you....will probably add 50-60 dollars to whatever the parts cost to ship from me to you.
                      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X