Desktop Wallpaper Calendar: March 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop Wallpaper Calendar: March 2010

Hard to believe, but today is the start of a new work week and a new month.............so it is time for some desktop cleaning and some new wallpaper to loose yourself in.

The usual calendar article from Smashing Magazine has a much better selection than last month since they aren't all Valentine oriented. Below are just a few of the ones I liked, and remember you can grab them with or without the calendar.

Since our new forum is still doing the shadow box pop up on picture hotlinks, you will have to click on this link to find any you want to grab:

Desktop Wallpaper Calendar: March 2010

I really like this first one. I know I'm not the only one here that's old enough to have played way more mario than I should have. How many of you still have your old NES?

I posted that last one last so I could mention a pretty cool time waster webapp I have been playing with for a few days. Check this out:
    Paint abstract "art" with Flame - Time Waster

Its fun to try out, and you can make some cool pics with it. Make your own wallpaper, or a background for a sig, etc.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Some big news in the past month was the final night launch of the Space Shuttle, and there are some really amazing shots out there including this one:

Wallpaper Details: Endeavour's Launch

================================================== ========

Huge HD Wallpapers has had a few good ones over the last month. It says they are supposed to post a new one everyday, but it's more like 2 a week or so.

Huge HD Wallpapers

Right now I'm using the leopard below, and it is going to be on my main display for a while. One of my faves in a long time.

This next one is just freaky. Look at it full size and you will see what I mean.

couple of others:

================================================== ========

I just found this site the other day, and it has tons of good wallpaper for games. Somebody needs to make them some PR and ARMA wallpapers:

Video Game Wallpapers

================================================== =======
    There were a bunch of good ones on Wallpaper Abyss, but the site is down while moving to a new server, so I will have to do a new post when they get it back up.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Desktop Wallpaper Calendar: March 2010

Thread tagged.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

LOVE that Subie rally 'paper. Some good others on that site too. Thanks for another good batch, Bamboo.

Now, just gotta crop that Subie to 1280x1024...

EDIT: Scratch some others, that site is wonderful. Lots of very varied giant pics. Now I'll have more for my PS3 too..
      Last edited by Delta Five Nine; 03-01-2010, 10:27 PM.

Comment

@Delta
        Don't know if you are into Rally or just like the Subie, but pretty crazy about Ken Block dumping them and going with Ford. But then again, looks like he has it under control:
        Ken Block attempting 5-peat at 100 Acre Rally in new Ford Fiesta [w/video]
        Might want to click through and watch it in 720p on the youtube site.
        And in the news out today:
        Block Rockin' Beat: 100 Acre Woods rally results

He came in 1st

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

First
          On
          Race
          Day
          !
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I love Rally!!!!

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
              @Delta
              Don't know if you are into Rally or just like the Subie, but pretty crazy about Ken Block dumping them and going with Ford. But then again, looks like he has it under control:
              Ken Block attempting 5-peat at 100 Acre Rally in new Ford Fiesta [w/video]
              Might want to click through and watch it in 720p on the youtube site.
              And in the news out today:
              Block Rockin' Beat: 100 Acre Woods rally results

He came in 1st
              I'm minorly into Rally, don't know as much about it as I'd like and don't watch currently (just got speed channel and was VERY disappointed to hear they're not showing Rally anymore), but I do know enough to know I love McRae and the older Subies. Do not like the new '08 and forward Subies though, and they're not really as good either from what I've seen/heard.

Rally is definitely the only type of racing I'd ever be able to get really into though. NASCAR seems like preschool in comparison. ;D

Comment

Here is another shot I found this morning that I posted in my 10th channel:

And here is where you need to go if you want to see Rally:
                Discovery's HD Theater outlines the start of WRC coverage for 2010

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Just watched this just before going to bed. Man, when he gets going about half way through the video, it's pretty insane on slick mud like that.

Video: Ken Block's one and only Rally Focus test before Mexico

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X