Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARNING!! Do not use NVIDIA GeForce 196.75 WHQL Drivers!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING!! Do not use NVIDIA GeForce 196.75 WHQL Drivers!

See draeh's post below. Do not use these drivers, and if you are, go download some older ones and reinstall them!

Figured I would post this since I know a lot of us are about to install Bad Company 2, and who knows, this might help a bit.

NVIDIA GeForce 196.75 WHQL Drivers Released

Also have been reading that this months 10.3 ATI drivers are going to be really good with new features, so I will be keeping an eye out for you ATI guys.
    Last edited by Bamboo; 03-05-2010, 08:33 AM.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: NVIDIA GeForce 196.75 WHQL Drivers Released

Big fan problem with this set of drivers...

http://www.incgamers.com/News/21293/...ls-video-cards

Several StarCraft II beta testers have reported their PC or video cards have died after installing the NVIDIA 196.75 drivers. The large amount of reports have prompted Blizzard Entertainment to issue an official statement on the tech support forums after identifying the source of the problem.

Some players were blaming the StarCraft II Beta client's latest patch, but a Blizzard Tech Support representative quickly explained the issue is caused by the latest NVIDIA 196.75 drivers.
    We reached NVIDIA tonight for an official statement concerning this worrysome issue, and they quickly replied within less than an hour. NVIDIA's response is:

We are aware that some customers have reported fan speed issues with the latest 196.75 WHQL drivers on NVIDIA.com. Until we can verify and root cause this issue, we recommend that customers stay with, or return to 196.21 WHQL drivers. Release 196.75 drivers have been temporarily removed from our Web site in the meantime.

Comment

Re: WARNING!! No not use NVIDIA GeForce 196.75 WHQL Drivers Released

Thanks draeh. Was just coming to post about it as just about every tech site has an article about it right now.

NVIDIA pulls potentially-lethal 196.75 GeForce driver

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Bugger, explains the huge amount of fan noise last night, thanks for the save!

Comment

Hmm..I'll roll back anyway, but My GTS250 was not having any issues.

Comment

The whole 19x line has been a disaster, from the low fps of 190, to the potentially lethal mix of motherboard chipset and drivers of 191.x, to this now. Time to get some new coders, NVIDIA. Are they borrowing driver coders from Creative? ;)

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
            <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
            DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Re: NVIDIA GeForce 196.75 WHQL Drivers Released

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
              Also have been reading that this months 10.3 ATI drivers are going to be really good with new features, so I will be keeping an eye out for you ATI guys.
              I hope those ATI drivers are good, since it looks like I might be moving to a ATI HD4890 soon.

Originally posted by draeh View Post
              Big fan problem with this set of drivers...

http://www.incgamers.com/News/21293/...ls-video-cards
              You are a lifesaver (and Bam)! Glad I didn't install the driver after I downloaded it a few days back.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Anyone have suggestion for a GTX260, i was wondering if any particular drivers are the best of the bunch. (Running 190.62)
                |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I didn't notice any issue with my 295 but better safe than sorry.

So the question is, do we have to completely uninstall the current drivers before downgrading or can we simply install the earlier version on top of?
                  |TG-12th| asch
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
                    I didn't notice any issue with my 295 but better safe than sorry.

So the question is, do we have to completely uninstall the current drivers before downgrading or can we simply install the earlier version on top of?
                    If you're downgrading, you should always uninstall then install the older version.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

It's pretty safe to say now that nvidia is releasing pretty untested drivers. I recommend staying a good bit back from the current releases.

- -

Comment

Thanks for the warning guys. I was just about to update. I'll stay with .21 for a while longer then.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X