Software Recommendations: ipod to itunes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software Recommendations: ipod to itunes

Yeah, you read it right. My dad dumped his computer and didnt have his music backed up anywhere but his ipod. Now, him not being very computer savvy, I'd rather not try and walk him through manually getting his music/playlists/etc back on the computer from his ipod. I did google the concept and found that theres about 40,000 different programs that will do it for him. My simple question is if anyone has any particular recommendations as far as which software to use?

cheers guys,

Re: Software Recommendations: ipod to itunes

I've used MediaMonkey for this exact thing before. http://www.mediamonkey.com/

Here's the guide even: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/i...&kbarticleid=3

Comment

I just installed Media Monkey a few weeks back because iTunes borked my wife's Classic. iTunes wouldn't transfer anything on or off, but MediaMonkey worked like a charm. From now on, it's MediaMonkey for my iPod, and iTunes for my iPhone. And if there was a way to use MediaMonkey with my iPhone, I would.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Ditto. Media Monkey is a great program. I use it to tag and organize my music before importing it into iTunes.
        Twisted Firestarter
        a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the words on media monkey guys! I used the program and the tutorial superfast posted and walked my dad through the process (he's in CT, i'm in CO, so it was all done over the phone) and he had 0 troubles and is now back to enjoying his music on his desktop. Cheers Gents, another digital life saved. :D

Comment

as a side note, songbird is awesome for a portable manager. I downloaded the portable version of songbird from portableapps.com, installed the ipod plugin, then moved the folder to my ipod classic. now, If ever I need a song out of the 36,000+ I carry on my ipod, I can plug in to any computer, browse for the song, reveal it in explorer, then copy it out of my ipod.

Also, it has the best batch ID3 tag editing I have found... and it can do it directly to the songs on your ipod... as well as your itunes library.

I do still give a thumbs up to mediamonkey... I actually paid for the pro I was so impressed by it.
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X