Rip 8800gtx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip 8800gtx

Welp, some of you rememer back in da' day when I (and a few others here) built 8800GTX rigs. Welp, mine finally bit the dust. To make matters worse, it bit the dust about 5 months after my mobo bit the dust also (although I think it was simply a borked bios chip). Sooo, I replaced the ol' Asus mobo 5 months ago with a better XFX SLI mobo and sure as hell now my 8800gtx is gone.

So I'm stuck with this SLI board (great board btw, runs hot as hell though). What in the hell am I supposed to upgrade to? It's like team green (nvidia) has become lax since that series and everyone's jumped to ATI. <grumble>

Y'know... my old Leadtek Geforce 3 is STILL running strong?? Best go'ram card ever made imo. Big, beefy, and overbuilt.

Re: Rip 8800gtx

5970?

get a couple of 285s or 260s.

a single 5870 would be fine to be honest. i use one and it will mince through any game, what res you gaming at?

Comment

if you are planning on tossing that videocard, you may want to try the oven trick on it.
      http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1421792

Comment

Originally posted by Jackspyder View Post
        5970?

get a couple of 285s or 260s.

a single 5870 would be fine to be honest. i use one and it will mince through any game, what res you gaming at?
        It's an SLI board so why would I put a 5870 in it?
        I just went ahead and got a 260. It's basically the same card, just newer. I'm not gaming at more than 1680.

And dammit, I didnt see the oven fix quick enough. I'm gonna try it though and return this 260 if it works. Although, it's still under warranty... so no point (Leadtek gives a 3 yr. warranty)

Comment

well...did you bake your card...did it work...that's just crazy man.
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
            It's an SLI board so why would I put a 5870 in it? )
            It offers better performance, sucks less power, and is more cost effective than SLI'ing (or Crossfiring).
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X