Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concerned about my hard drive (made loud noises for a day then went back to normal)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerned about my hard drive (made loud noises for a day then went back to normal)

I came home two days ago to hear what sound like one of my HD's running on over-drive. I immediately cleaned the case of dust, did what backing up I could, and waited. I took the case door off the side of my tower a few minutes ago, and the HD started revving. It sounded like it was going back and forth between high and low RPM's every few seconds. I thought it was on its last legs, and then it stopped revving and reverted back to normal operating levels.

Now it seems to be running fine. Any ideas what is going on? Should I expect my HD to fail at any moment?

Re: Concerned about my hard drive (made loud noises for a day then went back to norma

I would back up anything important just in case, at the very least.

POE2 Developer

Comment

Re: Concerned about my hard drive (made loud noises for a day then went back to norma

Sounds like it could be but as with hd's it could be any day, month or even year.

Backup important stuff and run a diagnostic on it. There are several if you search google.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X