BFBC2 lag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFBC2 lag

Mods not sure if this belongs here.... if not sorry.

I am getting heavy lag in every server I have tried. All my chit is completely up to date.

System: intel core 2 quad 6600 , 2.3ghz
    nvidia geforce 8800 512mb
    6 gb ram ( although vista supports only 4gb )
    Vista home Prem. 32-bit

modem - motorola - sb5102
    router - linksys - wrt54gs

My ISP plan is for up to 15mb/s and is running fine.

I can't figure out why the game is so unstable. I warp and reverse all over the place. In the server browser pings dont show up on the list so clicking on it I join the closest location or top of the list servers which should technically have the best connection..... no? ANY HELP HERE WOULD BE HUGELY APPRECIATED. Including the game and some hardware upgrades I have already spent way too much time and money to figure this out. I'm tired of trying..........

Going to play Mw2 till someone hopefully can help.

thx in advance =sFw= Plague

shortly after typing this I ran a speed test with a 20mb/s result.

Re: BFBC2 lag

You have almost the exact same setup as me. What settings are you using in game?
    I had to turn my down to lows and mediums to get it to run smoothish, and still get low FPS drops when things get crazy.

I am going to try and write an article beginning of this week about benchmarking and testing your computer, and have been getting shots I needed.

Check this out:

So playing BC2 keeps my GPU usage at 100%, while my 6600quad core is only averaging about 75% usage on all 4 cores.
    This is way more than most other games I've been playing lately.
    So chances are you are in the same boat as me and need to be considering a gfx. card update if you want to play BC2 with eye candy.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

it's your vid card.....unless your set on low settings that 8800 will lag
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I have a 8800GTS 512MB and play at medium settings without a problem. Just waiting for Nvidia to launch new cards so I can get a good deal on an upgrade and play at high settings.
        |TG|Melee
        Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

settings at low with highest resolution. Had a few good games today, not too laggy. I think the problem is on EA's end.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
            You have almost the exact same setup as me. What settings are you using in game?
            I had to turn my down to lows and mediums to get it to run smoothish, and still get low FPS drops when things get crazy.

I am going to try and write an article beginning of this week about benchmarking and testing your computer, and have been getting shots I needed.

Check this out:

So playing BC2 keeps my GPU usage at 100%, while my 6600quad core is only averaging about 75% usage on all 4 cores.
            This is way more than most other games I've been playing lately.
            So chances are you are in the same boat as me and need to be considering a gfx. card update if you want to play BC2 with eye candy.
            Bamboo, I see you have the same issue as I do. The core number 4 is heavly overutilized... I did not notice it during beta testing. As soon as I start the game it goes up to 98 percent and stays there while other cores hardly ever hit 70 percent. My GPU usage is at measly 68 percent which means the game is poorly optizmied.

Can you confirm it? (-:

I am running Q9500 @ 4GHz and 2 x GTX260 216 OC in SLI and I play at 2560x1600.
            "veritas vos liberabit"

Comment

Originally posted by BarrytBaptist View Post
              Bamboo, I see you have the same issue as I do. The core number 4 is heavly overutilized... I did not notice it during beta testing. As soon as I start the game it goes up to 98 percent and stays there while other cores hardly ever hit 70 percent.
              I can confirm that core #4 seems to be the core that's most heavily hit on my [email protected]

|

Comment

I wonder if the core #4 usage is due to it being used by other programs like TS and stuff. I haven't really noticed it's usage, but will watch it when I jump ingame today.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X