Need Testers for Android Software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Testers for Android Software

I've written a humble Android application that I'd like tested by friends. It requires geolocation and internet access. Please PM me if you have an Android (1.5+) handset and are willing and able to give me 15 minutes of your time. Many thanks.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Need Testers for Android Software

Thats fits the bill for me....what does the app do?

- having fun on the battlefield, the "TG way"

Comment

Have you put it on the Android Market? I'll try it out for ya.
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Count me in. Finally got a Droid, so still having a lot of fun playing around with stuff.

Comment

pm sent

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

I forgot to ever come back to this thread and announce the software's release. It's called Heavens Above Me.

It's a very simple application. It simply routes your handset's mobile browser to heavens-above.com, passing your geolocation. The result is a website which gives you information about spotting night objects given your physical location. It costs a buck, it's for a niche audience, and I hope people enjoy it and that it helps them share the night sky with family and friends.

Many thanks to those of you who helped me test it when I was first writing it. That feedback really helped a lot.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

That awesome! I discovered the heavens above site a few months back and once I get an EVO this will be way better than having to print out visible pass logs.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Have you considered putting a barcode on the HA website to make it easy for scanner users to find your app in the marketplace? I've found a couple websites with barcode generators and I'm considering using a barcode on the next pass of my business card to make it easy for smart phone users to read my card into their contacts database.
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

They are called QR codes. I use this site and it couldn't be any easier. http://qrcode.kaywa.com/

Here is an example to direct you to TacticalGamer.com

Comment

I don't have access to the HA website to put the QR code there. That's a stellar idea, though.

Comment

You might as well see if they want to partner with you since you are driving traffic to their site.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I just sent him an email, on the off chance he reads it. I sent him an email a couple of years ago, offering to create a Windows Mobile app for his site, but I never got a response.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X