Windows 7 Quick questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 Quick questions

Alright, so I bought new PC and it came with Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

I have 4 questions for you.

1. Now I dont seem to find where to switch my sound system from stereo to 5:1 surround sound.

2. I was downloading Crysis demo and went out for couple of hours.
    When I came back my PC was in "sleep mode" or what ever you want to call it.
    So ofcourse it ****ed up my download, how I can prevent this from happening and set my PC not to go in "sleep mode" ever?

3. And I've been watching this PCWizKid on youtube and he uses somekind of gadget to show of hes PC specs, I'd like to know what is it?
    Here is video, you can see this cadget pop up in about 4:03:

4. And I know this has been discussed thousand times before but I cant get my Battlefield 2 installing on my system.
    First it gave me this message: "this game has only been tested for windows xp (32-bit)".
    But after browsing the internet, I found out that setup should be runned with Windows 7 - Compatibility Mode and admistrator mode.

OK, so I did it.
    I didnt got that message anymore, but after BF2 installation it tries to install mic options for BF2 (battle commo or something like that). But it doesnt recognize my voice and after shutting it down Windows informs that program was jammed and it is looking for problems. After that windows shuts it down and tries to install DX9.0c, but I refuse cause I got never version. When everything is done and I've pressed the finnish button. All I have left of BF2 in my PC is somekind of Battlefield 2 profiles file and it contains absolutely nothing.

So, BF2 installation runs fine but mic settings installation crashes and nothing is really installed on my PC.
    If someone can help me, please do.

Thank you.

-Dave
    |TG|DavidL.Roth

Re: Windows 7 Quick questions

Originally posted by DavidL.Roth View Post
    Alright, so I bought new PC and it came with Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

I have 4 questions for you.

1. Now I dont seem to find where to switch my sound system from stereo to 5:1 surround sound.
    1. Right-click the volume/speaker icon in your system tray (next to your clock on your taskbar)
    2. Click on "Playback Devices"
    3. Click on "Speakers"
    4. Click the "Configure" button at the bottom left
    5. Under the Audio Channels callout box, highlight "5.1 Surround Sound"
    6. Click "Next" and follow the on-screen directions.

2. I was downloading Crysis demo and went out for couple of hours.
    When I came back my PC was in "sleep mode" or what ever you want to call it.
    So ofcourse it ****ed up my download, how I can prevent this from happening and set my PC not to go in "sleep mode" ever?
    Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings (next to "Balanced" or "Power Saver", whichever one is currently selected). Make sure the drop-down for "Put computer to sleep" is "Never". That should solve that issue.

3. And I've been watching this PCWizKid on youtube and he uses somekind of gadget to show of hes PC specs, I'd like to know what is it?
    Here is video, you can see this cadget pop up in about 4:03...
    I skipped ahead to 3:58 and watched. It's called GPU-Z. A simply utility to let users quickly view basic and advanced information on their current video card/chipset. You can get it from the GPU-Z Downloads Page. As for the temperature monitor, that's acheived through a variety of tools, including Everest Home Edition.

4. And I know this has been discussed thousand times before but I cant get my Battlefield 2 installing on my system.
    First it gave me this message: "this game has only been tested for windows xp (32-bit)".
    But after browsing the internet, I found out that setup should be runned with Windows 7 - Compatibility Mode and admistrator mode.
    From my own experience, you should NOT run BF2142 in compatibility mode. It often results in a black splash screen on load up and immediately dumps you back to desktop (CTD). BEFORE, you run it, you should patch the game to the latest 1.50 patch. Google it, if you don't have the patch already.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Thank you, big time!

I got my sounds working, installed the GPU-Z and changed my power options.
      And I was talking about Battlefield 2, not Battlefield 2142. But I got it working with Canada2005 advices in this thread:
      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...on-thread.html

Again, thank you!

-Dave
      |TG|DavidL.Roth

Comment

Originally posted by DavidL.Roth View Post
        Thank you, big time!

I got my sounds working, installed the GPU-Z and changed my power options.
        And I was talking about Battlefield 2, not Battlefield 2142. But I got it working with Canada2005 advices in this thread:
        http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...on-thread.html

Again, thank you!

-Dave
        Same applies to BF2. At least for me running in compatibility mode caused more problems.

Too lazy to check, but I think it's 1.51 patch for BF2? Installed and uninstalled it months back, so I can't remember.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
          Same applies to BF2. At least for me running in compatibility mode caused more problems.
          I find the opposite to be true A.A.
          BF2.exe (and PR.exe if your doing that) I both run in compatibilty mode from WinXp and I also run them as administrator.
          I also run the processes for Punkbuster the same way.

Also, go ahead and install DX 9 its ok.

|

Comment

Originally posted by warlab View Post
            I find the opposite to be true A.A.
            BF2.exe (and PR.exe if your doing that) I both run in compatibilty mode from WinXp and I also run them as administrator.
            I also run the processes for Punkbuster the same way.

Also, go ahead and install DX 9 its ok.
            Yep, some do find it helps. Experiment to your heart's desire.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X