Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FCC comes through with a Consumer Broadband Test app for iPhone, Android and the home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCC comes through with a Consumer Broadband Test app for iPhone, Android and the home

This is really good news, and I think just about everyone should read it:

FCC comes through with a Consumer Broadband Test app for iPhone, Android and the home

So the FCC is actually getting off their butts and want to see if what the telecoms are selling us is what we are paying for. And to be honest, I'm blown away that Apple actually approved this to be in their app store and AT&T didn't try and kill it.

Part of the hallowed National Broadband Plan, this will furnish the FCC will useful data to show the discrepancy between advertised and real world broadband speeds, and will also -- more importantly perhaps -- serve as a neat way for users to directly compare network performance in particular areas.
    If you go to the FCC page it has more:
    Welcome to Broadband.gov

I'm checking the Itunes store now!
    Edit: Here is direct link to Itunes
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fcc-m...357119507?mt=8

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: FCC comes through with a Consumer Broadband Test app for iPhone, Android and the

This is awesome, although I wonder how many providers will simply make sure that any data sent to the test site(s) is given priority for good results?
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X