Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the differnce GeForce 6800GT or 6800?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the differnce GeForce 6800GT or 6800?

I wanted to know whats the difference between these two cards because I'm looking into getting a new gaming system and I was doing a lil bit of research on them. So anything would help

holla at ur boy
    peace

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Re: whats the differnce GeForce 6800GT or 6800?

This should help.
    New to TG?

Comment

Ya but u can open more of them pipes to make them 16 like the GT, the only difference would be the Chipclock and Memclock, which any good overclocker can fix.
      Oyee

Comment

does the chip-clock and memory-clock and pipes make a big difference on graphics for a game like bf2

holla at ur boy
        peace

(\__/)
        (O.o )
        (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

I have a 6800 w/128. I have unlocked all of the pipes (16) and the shaders. I have overclocked the card to something like 330 chip/800mem. I dont have problems.
          If I had to do it again... I would have got the GT with 256megs of ram. Would I have overclocked it? You bet.
          I run BF2 @ 1024 X 768 with everything set to medium. I have done little experimentation video wise. I think there is more in my card. I just havent tweaked BF2 yet. Get the most you can afford.
          Meat Drapes
          -[OIJ]-
          Operation Infinite Justice... the worlds largest clan. Currently enjoying a membership of over 1,454,500+ . We game in every climb and place. If you want to play/become one of us... visit your nearest Armed Forces recruiting station. I bet we have games you have never even heard of. They will be glad to help you.

Comment

thanks

anyone else has suggestions
            I also wanted to ask what kind of motherboard should I get the one I plan on getting is this one.
            D452-2030 :: DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra-D nVidia Socket 939 ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express / Gigabit LAN / USB 2.0 & Firewire / Serial ATA / RAID

will this be able in conjection with prabably a amd 3500+ and a GeForce 6800Gt and a 1 gig of ram at least to run BF2 on high setting?

(\__/)
            (O.o )

Comment

I have a 6800GT and i like the card alot. About unlocking the pipes alot of the 6800s cant use all of the 16 pipes that why there not GTs its a matter of chance really so if you have a 6800 that can unlock them all your lucky. Its a matter of prefrence really i wouldnt spend 100 more dollars for a Ultra tho but its all up to you.

And your mother board looking nice if your going to get a pci express board i would sugesst a Pci express vid card then, if your not goign to get one already. But my exprences with DFI are good. GL with your new rig

Comment

thanks for your input

anyone else has suggestions

(\__/)
                (O.o )

Comment

If you can afford it, get the 6800GT version... if you can't, look for which 6800 you can unlock.
                  |TG-12th| asch
                  sigpic

Comment

The 6800LE can be unlocked to near GT speeds if you are lucky. Of course it might fail and then you are stuck with a card that performs about a 6600GT or slower.
                    If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

Comment

its easy.... the difference between the 6800 and the 6800 GT....... the second one has 2 extra letters on the end. that make is cooler, thus more expensive. see if the letter were more common letters like se or le, then that would make it less cool and thus less expensive. Thants why an XT is so cool, and an x-whatever-xt ultra is the coolest... it has 3 uncommon letters.

cool letters:

x (the coolest by far)
                      z
                      v
                      q
                      t
                      u
                      j
                      i
                      e (cool only because everyone thinks it is, but its just a poser..... its not cool, and it knows it)

uncool letters:

d
                      h
                      l
                      m
                      n
                      o
                      r
                      s
                      w
                      y

the other 7 are neutral, and depend on the letters around them to make them cool or uncool:

a
                      b
                      c
                      f
                      g
                      k
                      p

class dismissed
                      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by Meat_Drapes
                        I have a 6800 w/128. I have unlocked all of the pipes (16) and the shaders. I have overclocked the card to something like 330 chip/800mem. I dont have problems.
                        If I had to do it again... I would have got the GT with 256megs of ram. Would I have overclocked it? You bet.
                        I run BF2 @ 1024 X 768 with everything set to medium. I have done little experimentation video wise. I think there is more in my card. I just havent tweaked BF2 yet. Get the most you can afford.
                        Meat what cooler do you use for your video card when you do this?

- -

Comment

That reminds me dont worry if your 6800 gets hot most idel around 57 c. Video card chips can get alot hotter then cpus so its not a worry. (right now mine is at 60 c. )

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X