Clear All

• PR Issues With New Ram

Hey,

These are my specs:
    Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67GHz, 2.67GHz
    8.00 GB RAM DDR3 (CORSAIR XMS 3)
    N260GTX (896MB DDR3)
    X-Raider 7.1

OK, so here's the problem, i had the same specs except it was 4gb of ram, same type of ram. I added the extra 4 GB and turned on my PC loaded PR and it loads the game, same settings, i am able to log on and see the server, but as soon as i click to load a map, it crashes to desktop. I have tried going back 4GB, and deleting the profile settings.

Thanks
    sigpic

Re: PR Issues With New Ram

A while back in 0.8 or so there was a custom executable that helped 64-bit users and those using more than 2 GBs of memory. Do a search on the PR forums for it. I don't know that it will still work for 0.9 though. Also try lowering your settings all the way down and see if you still crash.

Comment

Memtest86+ is your friend.

Comment

it isnt the ram, because i tried it with other apps, and windows took it fine, it is just PR that is failing
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mathew75 View Post
          it isnt the ram, because i tried it with other apps, and windows took it fine, it is just PR that is failing
          Still a good idea to run memtest. It might just be that one of your old sticks started going bad. Testing in other apps or Windows accepting the RAM is rarely, if ever, a good test of RAM stability.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I agree run Memtest before yo go off on a wild goose chase, Matt.
            If that's the only change you made you shouldn't be having these issues.

Also, you might want to post on the BF2 Tech support forum here at TG if you haven't already.

|

Comment

ok i ran the memtest, the new ram is fine, the older sticks failed, the 4gb that failed were the sticks that i was using to play before, and with those sticks removed PR still fails
              sigpic

Comment

Okay, did you set up your RAM timings and voltage properly?

Usually if your timings and voltage are off, it could lead to instability and programs crashing.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Check out your duplicate thread in the PR forums for instructions on how to run in windowed modes so you can receive the crash errors. Are you having this issue with any other games?
                  |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

my timing is fine, my comp is fine, other programs are fine, everything else is fine, it appears that BF2 is the only app that has been affected.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mathew75 View Post
                      my timing is fine, my comp is fine, other programs are fine, everything else is fine, it appears that BF2 is the only app that has been affected.
                      Then check out that tip Kev left in the first reply above. If everything is fine, then it's a software issue, not hardware.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X