How To: Hide Your "Collection"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To: Hide Your "Collection"

Gizmodo just posted a great article on how to hide your *cough cough* collections.

Link: How To: Hide Your "Collection"

Personally, I use My Lockbox, and have mentioned it to a few TG guys that started using it too.

It's free and is pretty cool for what it does.
    www.fspro.net

"The protected folder (lockbox) is hidden from any user and application of your system, including Administrator and System itself."

So you type in the password and your folder shows up. Then lock it up when you are done. I keep all my records and receipts hidden, in case someone breaks in and steals my computer. They will never find my personal info.

Last edited by Tempus; 03-21-2010, 07:30 PM.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: How To: Hide Your "Collection"

truecrypt can turn a "file" into a hidden partition, then you can use another file and password as a key to open the partition.

Comment

I've used TrueCrypt in the past and liked it. Is this LockBox a better alternative?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Never tried truecrypt, so not sure.
        Lockbox is cool because even if you if you hover over a folder that has your stuff hidden in it, or check it's properties, it won't revel it's real size. So say you have a 1 gig folder, and you have it hidden in a folder with 2 gigs of other stuff. When the lock is on, it will say there is only 2 gigs of stuff, and of course the folder won't be visible. Then, when unlocked you can see the folder and it will show there is 3 gigs.
        I also like you can hit Ctrl-shift-p and it brings up the lockbox program for easy access. Everytime I buy something online or pay a bill, I take screenshots of the conformation pages and then hit Ctrl-shift-p and unlock the file, then put the pics in and lock it back. Really quick and easy to use.
        It has other features, but I've never needed to use them.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Is the data actually encrypted? Or just hidden using a GUI script?
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
            Is the data actually encrypted? Or just hidden using a GUI script?
            That I don't know. You'll have to look on the lockbox website.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Edit your link Bamboo! You left a "]" just after the ".com" in the address!
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Fixed.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X