My fellow TG Nerds Help a Panda

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My fellow TG Nerds Help a Panda

Ok guys, I do not now about anything about anything about computer. I have been allotted 2500 from the bank of wife for a new machine. I only have some requirements for suggestions. One is make it into dummy speak lol and use the form below so I can keep track. Ok guys help me spend my money lol. please post what you guys think below are the best.

CPU: (Intel please)
    GPU: Looking 5900 Radeon (what type is best, ram? Color lol)
    Soundcard:
    Case: Fulll size please, or other suggestions
    RAM: DDR 3 like 8 gigs
    Anything else I need lol:

Ok my fellow tech savy peeps, help a brother out. This is my "leaving the military gift" from the wife so have at it, and thanks for the help

Re: My fellow TG Nerds Help a Panda

What resolution is the monitor you plan on playing on, do you need help picking out a new one as well?

Are you set on the specifications you have given?

How long do you plan on using this machine before upgrading again?

Do you plan on building it yourself/having it built, or are you more comfortable buying pre-built?

Are there any particular programs that you will be concentrating on(a certain game, some video editing software)?
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

No point in blowing the whole wad right away, get what you need and stash the rest, buy bang-for-buck, not top dollar. Save the leftovers to buy you brownie points later when you really would rather be gaming than spending "quality time" watching romantic comedies.

CPU: i7-930
      Motherboard: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
      GPU: XFX 5870 1GB (XFX has a great warranty)
      Soundcard: Onboard unless you got money to spare, then a ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E if money matters, an ASUS Xonar Essence STX if money isn't an object and your using headphones exclusively.
      Case: Cheap and sufficient would be a Antec Sonata III. Corsair 800D, or look for a Silverstone or Lian-Li that looks nice to you. You will need a good P.S. of at least 600W. OCZ modXstream is a good resonable place to start or get a more expensive one (corsair or similar).
      RAM: g.Skill ECO 1.35v DDR3-1600 2 sets of 3x2GB Sticks (1366-socket motherboards are tri-channel, 6GB is more than plenty if you need to trim costs somewhere)
      HD: Get a 1TB WD green for your "stuff" and then get an SSD drive. Best ask Impulse for a current single high performance model recommendation, if budget matters, you can't beat the getting 2 (windows and a seperate games drive) Kingston SSDNow V Series Gen2 64/128GB SSD's.

Anything else I need lol:
      - Sennheiser PC350 Headset. Drown the %@#$ out.
      - Klipsch promedia 5.1 Speaker system if you want to drown the whole house out.
      - Samsung 2443BWX Great budget display and good for dual/triple monitor, but if your getting a bluray reader get a 120HZ model like the 2233RZ
      - Gaming keyboard, might as well go for the G19 at your budget, I like the MS X6 Sidewinder if you want simple.
      - Mouse Logitech G-anything. I have the MX518 and it rocks. Get a good mousepad.
      - GET A TRACKIR 5 already lol.
      - A good chair
      - A large desk

If you want to trim even more money, drop down to a i5-750 1156-based platform with 8GB RAM, down to a 5850, don't overkill the case and P.S. and lose the soundcard. If you have extra to spend, blow the wad on a new Fermi-card or 5970 or crossfire a pair of 5870's, go triple monitor, or really go nuts on the SSD model.

Cheers boon. Remember, this "present" will come with so much strings attached you will spend more time watching the rig from your lawnmower than in the chair in front of it lol.
      Last edited by ForGlory&Pain; 03-22-2010, 04:20 PM.

Comment

You could save a lot of bucks building it yourself if possible. Just think of the big box from Newegg, a big pile of "stuff'" turning into your new Super rig with your own hands. You too can become a nerd like us. Ok, it was just a thought.

Comment

Building yourself isn't that difficult either. I, the average teenage girl was able to build mine with no problems.

EDIT: Ok, so maybe not average. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
            Building yourself isn't that difficult either. I, the average teenage girl was able to build mine with no problems.

EDIT: Ok, so maybe not average. ;)
            hahhahaha

and instead of getting the WD green. It's one of the newest from Samsung. Very Fast. It compares to the WD black. I would get this: http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=...4ef4e968676768

and the SSD is a good idea too
            Last edited by di1lweed1212; 03-22-2010, 07:00 PM. Reason: stuff
            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

if you get an ssd, i recommend a cool-running and quiet drive (like the greens or seagate 7200.12's), as longevity will be more important than top benchmark performance, that's what your ssd is for.

and boon, if chief can do it, hell you better batter up. :P

Comment

Originally posted by ForGlory&Pain View Post
                and boon, if chief can do it, hell you better batter up. :P
                hahhaha
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse