Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Program Updates for you to check out, including FRAPS, WinRAR, etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Program Updates for you to check out, including FRAPS, WinRAR, etc.

I noticed a bunch of updates to some commonly used programs and figured I would pass them on. Links are in bold :icon6:

26th March 2010 - Fraps 3.2.0 Released
    The big news is : "- Major optimizations for recording from D3D10 & D3D11 games"
    Lots of great BadCompany2 videos showing up from TG guys, so this should help.
    For instance check out Rtoups just posted one: My first BC2 video.

WinRAR and RAR 3.93 release
    The newest version 3.93 doesn't have as many changes as the last few did, but I figured WinRAR is kind of one of those programs you install and then forget about updating, so most of us are using pretty old versions. Might be time for an update.

Microsoft IntelliType Pro Mouse and Keyboard Drivers
    If your running a MS mouse or keyboard, time for an update.

CPU-Z System Information
    This is the first major update since Dec.

GPU-Z v0.4.0 Released
    Along with CPU-z, GPU-z just got updated. Not a huge update for most of us, but they are still improving the program. I've been using it a lot in the last couple of weeks trying to tweak my 8800GTS to work better in BC2. Great for watching GPU usage and temps.

Process Explorer v12
    We have talked about Process Explorer a few times here, and for those that don't know it is like your vanilla Task Manager pumped up on steroids and in full on roid-rage mode. It has so many more features and details than Task Manager you can actually see what is going on in your system. I even posted in one thread about how it let me find a really nasty virus on a buddies computer when the other anti-virus programs and HijackThis couldn't. I don't use it all the time, as the vanilla Task Manager works for most things like hard crashing a stuck beta program or killing unnecessary processes, but when you really need details, it is a great program to have around.
    They even have a forum thread with a guide for newbies:
    Process Explorer guide for newbies

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Recent Program Updates for you to check out, including FRAPS, WinRAR, etc.

Thanks Bamboo!

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

new fraps, lovely

Comment

Fraps just released 3.2.1
        Fraps Version 3.2.0 and 3.2.1 Released

3.2.1 – 29th Mar 2010
        - Fixed screen capture of large resolutions (ATI Eyefinity)
        - Fixed counter disappearing in some games when switching resolution
        - Improved recording speed on SLI configurations
        - Other minor bug/crash fixes

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

3.2.2 was released yesterday...

-------------------------
          FRAPS 3.2.2 RELEASE NOTES
          -------------------------

A number of people have been having trouble opening their videos in VLC and some video processing applications. This update produces movies that should now work correctly with these programs.

---------
          CHANGELOG
          ---------

- Fixed trouble opening movies with VLC, Avidemux, AVI synth, Virtualdub and some other applications
          - Fixed problem capturing stereoscopic movies at 1920x1080 and 1920x1200
          - Fixed loop recordings sometimes becoming corrupted

Comment

Oooh...ProcessExplorer. Gonna give that a go.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

The FRAPS update kills ArmA. As soon as I run FRAPS ArmA locks up and when I close FRAPS its all better. Not sure what they did, but I think I will be rolling back on this one.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Downloadsquad.com just posted some more stuff about the new release of Process Explorer:
                Screenshot Tour: Process Explorer 12 is now out

This sounds really good:
                My favorite feature in the new update is that I can now hover the mouse over any "svchost.exe" entry and get a whole list of services running under that process ("Group Policy", "Task Scheduler", etc.). That's very useful for trying to narrow down on what specific service is taking resources, even though a single svchost process can contain several services.
                For those that don't understand, if you look at your current normal windows task manager, you will see what I have circled in the pic below:

Process explorer will let you look into each one of those svchost.exe and tell you what it is made up of. So like in mine, the one that is using 90k+ of memory might have something buggy running, or something I could turn off that I didn't need. Even better, looking into a svchost.exe was how I was able to catch the virus I mentioned in the first post above. The nasty thing would only pop up and show itself when it was causing pop up spam windows, and then disappear again. Watching process explorer, one of the svchost.exe would turn red at the same time as the pop-ups, and after diving down through it and watching closely, was able to figure out what it was and get help to fix it. Everyone should at least have the program bookmarked for emergencies.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I noticed many of the lecture room PCs at DePaul now have ProcessExplorer installed. Thought that was rather interesting. Now if there was only a way to integrate and replace the default Task Manager's process list and functionality with the one from ProcessExplorer, I'd be a very happy boy. :)
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Acreo, I think there is the option to do that. Haven't looked in the newest version, but you used to be able to select it as an option.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X