question video cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question video cards

How do the Nvidia GTX 285 and the ATI 5770 compare?
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Re: question video cards

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
    How do the Nvidia GTX 285 and the ATI 5770 compare?
    well from what I have seen your comparing apples and oranges.....in a straight up DX10 shootout the 285 beats it hands down. the 285 is in the realm of the 5870, My ATI 4890 and the GTX 275 are in the area of the 5850, hope this clears it up for you
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

ohh ok thank you
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
        well from what I have seen your comparing apples and oranges.....in a straight up DX10 shootout the 285 beats it hands down. the 285 is in the realm of the 5870, My ATI 4890 and the GTX 275 are in the area of the 5850, hope this clears it up for you
        Not quite true.. The GTX285 is slightly slower than a 5850. The 5770 is about as fast as an ATI 4870 or an Nvidia GTX260 but with DirectX 11 and some other cool features. The GTX285 is a good deal faster than a 5770 but it doesn't support DirectX 11.
        sigpic

Comment

Factor in power draw, heat, noise, and overall card length, and the HD5770 still basically wins out over a GTX285 (just not in performance).

The length of a GTX285 and a HD5770 is like night and day. The GTX285 goes off of a nearly full-board expansion PCB, while the HD5770 is half-length. Power draw is characterized by 2 x 6-pin PCI-E connectors (GTX285) vs. 1 x 6-pin PCI-E connector (HD5770).
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

ok so they beat each other in different categories but the GTX285 is better performance?
            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Also factor in that the 5XX0 is a first-gen DX11 release, and consider waiting until drivers and support mature some.

This may be of interest, as far as comparisons go.

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
              --BlackMirror
              <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
              Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
              --Blackraven93

Comment

Yes, the GTX 285 is considerably faster than the 5770. It does draw a lot more power, generate a lot more heat (my counsin's hits 90 degrees while gaming) and doesn't support directX 11. From a 3D performance perspective, though, the 285 is considerably better.
                sigpic

Comment

ok thanks guys!
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse