Firefox and gaming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox and gaming

Ok guys, I have to post this up. I have had quite a few issues with several games and the newer version of firefox. I think it has something to do with the personas but i can't be sure. Either way the result is the same. With firefox running I have issues on several games where i can't alt tab back to a game window or it alt tabs back then minimizes the window immediately.

I've also had issues with crashing across various games when the games launch and try to push into fullscreen mode. I know this to be a problem with firefox now because when i close out firefox the problem never happens again.

Just a heads up for folks who have some issues and can't seem to figure out why.

cheers.

- -

Re: Firefox and gaming

Have you checked out the memory size that FF is using? With a few pages open I'm hitting over a half a gig and if I had a bit less RAM I would expect some alt tab issues. There's a few games I will turn FF off for as I know they will spike the RAM enough to make FF's footprint trip them up.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Vulcan are you using ATI or nV graphics? Maybe you could update it to the latest stable or latest beta build? I know ALT+TAB broke for me on my old 8800GT for about half my games after driver version 94.xx. Maybe it might not be even an issue caused by FF.

Also, have you tried closing any flash-based pages in FF before starting your game? Maybe there some drawing issue with a active/inactive/loaded Flash browser page?
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I'm not worried about trying to figure out a dirver problem with this because those are a pain to change around when i can just close FF to fix the problem.

I'm not really looking for any solution, just posting up the info for others who might have been having this problem since it was kind of a weird thing. I use a gtx 260.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X