5770 anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5770 anyone?

I'm thinking about upgrading my video card, since my birthday is coming up and I want to be able to play BC2.

I'm looking at the ATI 5770, anyone who uses it now want to chime in?

Thanks.
    |TG| 16note

Steam: 16note, Xbox Live: thefifthbeetle

Re: 5770 anyone?

What is your current pc?

What is your budget?
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I just got my 5770 today, along with all my other parts. I'll give you a report as soon as I get it all assembled and gaming. :)
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I have the 5750 and it is fine for everything I play. Even did the demo of ArmA II ok
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I'm probably going to have to upgrade my PSU along with it, budgets around $500. Cheap, I know.
          |TG| 16note

Steam: 16note, Xbox Live: thefifthbeetle

Comment

I replaced a dead card with one in my MAD 5600+ with 4GB of RAM and I love it. Great card for the money.
            sigpic

Comment

Great card, just make sure that you have a 'newer' motherboard... I picked up the 5770 to go with my current rig, and despite having a PCI-E and other listed requirements the Crossfire 3200 Chip-set on my motherboard is just too old to support for the 5000 series. :(

Everything else is fine (2.4 duel core, 3 GB memory etc), just not the chip-set...

Comment

Well, I'm not sure what to say about this card. When it works, it's amazing. I can play ANYTHING I throw at it with all the settings maxed out with high resolutions. CoD: MW2 looks amazing. HOWEVER, I learned that there has been a common problem effecting those of us with 5xxx cards. The gray screen of death. Whenever I play games other than CoD, at random times, usually only a couple minutes in, the screen goes gray or sometimes black, and the computer seems totally locked up. Even Tomsharware had a write-up about it. It's been pissing me off, and I'm trying desperately to find a solid fix before I RMA the stupid thing. ATI better get on the ball with a decent driver update. Grrrrrrr.
                http://www.tomshardware.com/news/ATI...rash,9529.html

Comment

Well, after days of research and trying to resolve the issue, I gave up on this card. I RMA'd it, and am going to order a 5830 instead. For some reason, CoD:MW2 ran BEAUTIFULLY! Max settings and all. But on older games, such as HL2, Doom 3, and WoW (the one I play the most!), I'd get the gray screen of death after about 2 minutes of play. This problem is widespread, and seems to particularly effect those of us with Win 7 64-bit. Super frustrating. I need my WoW fix! So would I suggest the card? Perhaps. It's a helluva a card for the money, BUT you're taking a bit of a gamble with it until they release new drivers. Perhaps a 5750 might work better. Just don't order the Gigabyte brand POS card I got. Horrible heat sink/fan setup, and low quality. Sometimes I guess you get what you pay for. If you go with the 5770, spend the extra $10-20 to get a better quality card.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X