Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sapphire announced Vapor-X and Toxic 2GB 5870's.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sapphire announced Vapor-X and Toxic 2GB 5870's.

For those of you who, like me, were waiting on fermi and were ultimately disappointed, These are probably the card to get out of the ATI camp in the single-GPU line.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presenta...articleID=2752

Originally posted by News Article
    Fastest in its class, the SAPPHIRE HD 5870 2G TOXIC Edition is factory overclocked to industry leading speeds of 925MHz core and 1225MHz (4.9GHz effective) memory

(snip)

The SAPPHIRE HD 5870 2G Vapor-X Edition uses the same core technology, but ships with the clocks defaulting to 850MHz engine and 1200MHz (4.8GHz effective).
    Nothing on a set date or pricing or anything that I saw as of yet, but their standard 5870 2GB card is currently $499.

Edit: MSRP on this based on a few other sources is $449.
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Re: Sapphire announced Vapor-X and Toxic 2GB 5870's.

I saw news about this the other day and am really looking forward to the reviews. I have an article with an early review of a 2gig card on my computer at home and will try and remember to post it later.
    That msrp looks really good. Thinking the day I see these on sale under $400 is the day I click buy.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Re: Sapphire announced Vapor-X and Toxic 2GB 5870's.

Newegg lists the Toxic model in stock......at $489. They raised the price on the Sapphire 2gb eyefinity 5870 card $50.
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X